SSRP released

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

SSRP released

Post by Spinalguy »

You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: SSRP released

Post by Dobi »

finally got a chance to look at this plan and I must say I am impressed with the overall wording that is in it and the proposed implementations. There is still a lot to figure out from here, but given the subtle messages that ESRD has been throwing at us this is good news for us. We are in a good position to influence positive change in the areas that we recreate in. There is still a lot of work to do, but the light at the end of that tunnel is getting brighter.

A huge thanks to RJH and the rest of the RMDRA'ers for putting in the efforts at the critical times.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Skimmed through the 200 pages :crazy: and would have to agree Dobi, things are looking very positive for us. We've lost almost none of our riding areas and we are aloud to continue to ride in areas that do not have a designated trail system until one is created.
The RMDRA was pushing for clarification on the Parks/ESRD maps that show creeks/streams that would need bridges, but most almost never have water in them. I believe this is what we are looking for " off-highway vehicle use shall not occur in the beds and shores of permanent water bodies."
Looks like we are getting a bunch of Random camping campsites in our OHV areas. One is slated for Fish creek, the location is in McLean. Fish creek runs parallel to Fisher East road that runs East from the 5K staging area, so guessing it will be in the grassy meadow areas along side Fisher East road.
Big thanks to RJH and RMDRA members who participated in the SSRP process. :applause: Without them the only thing you would likely be riding in the near future in our current OHV areas is a horse or Mountainbike. This is why a RMDRA membership is the best $40.00 you will ever spend on dirtbiking. :canada:

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

A Lot of info in there and it will take time for everyone to understand the exact implications but it looks positive for us overall.

Sadly I didn't see any provision, though it could have been missed, for opening up Mclean to bikes in the winter :crybaby:
The voices are back. Awesome!