McLean Creek - Trail Maintenance

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Brent
Columnist
Columnist

McLean Creek - Trail Maintenance

Post by Brent »

I have posted a write up in "Upcoming Rides and Events about my plans for this saturday. Chainsawing our way through Barwell in the morning and then grabbing all the left over trash bags on the way out. I just rode through the fields at the bottom of Widowmaker earlier on this evening and was disgusted by the amount of garbage left over by the "May long" idiots, who could ruin it for everyone. It looks as though some club, or rangers have already gathered scattered trash and piled it up in those orange "Respect the land" garbage bags, so all we have to do is load it up on the way out. I am not sure if this is being taken care of already but I want to make sure it's looking good this weekend when we head out there. Check out the post in "Upcoming Rides and Events" and let me know if you are going to come help.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

The 4x4 community is also meeting Sat at Maclean with several trucks and a Dump truck to take away the trash and couches left over by the irresponsible 'one time out' partiers that plague our recreation areas every May Long.
Arrrggghhhh :bonk:
i will be working that day but good on ya for setting this up.
Tom
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Thanks to Big Dog and RMDRA for helping remove 6000 lbs of garbage with the 4x4 community also helping out.
Tom :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Great Job gang!!!!!!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Please note that there are other threads that contain more information about this topic.

January 7, 2006 trail maintenance

May 27, 2006 clean up and trail maintenance.

Ride Report