Ghost Forest Land Use Zone brochure and maps

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

gamp

Post by thumper-darryl »

Maps are available at SRD office in Bowness. I have about 3 left. I especially like the part about "areas with green background are the only areas where ohv's are allowed to operate". The green background on the map is Don Ghetto park. Poor/or no proof reading.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

drtbkr
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by drtbkr »

According to [secondgearclub.com] we can still hold events on the old trails and the SRD has some motorcycle trails that are not yet marked! They apparently have signs, but have not put them up yet. Lets hope this is true.

Henry
Writer
Writer

Re: gamp

Post by Henry »

thumper-darryl wrote:Maps are available at SRD office in Bowness. I have about 3 left. I especially like the part about "areas with green background are the only areas where ohv's are allowed to operate". The green background on the map is Don Ghetto park. Poor/or no proof reading.
Where in Bowness is that office, I'd like to pick up a copy of that map. I would like to stay on the legal trails if I ever go up to Waiparous again. I don't wanna be an "outlaw" or anything. :banghead:

Thanks in advance
Darren
Darren
2008 KTM 250xc
http://www.DSAracinglubes.com

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

response to my email to Rick Blackwood

Post by DirtGirl »

Thank you for your May 11, 2006 e-mail regarding the Ghost-Waiparous Operational Access Management Plan. I appreciate the opportunity to provide the following information.

The Ghost-Waiparous area remains open to be enjoyed by a wide variety of recreational users. An access management plan was needed to better manage and balance recreational opportunities with the protection of natural resources, minimize user conflicts and ensure public safety. The plan and a designated trails network were developed with input from a wide range of users, stakeholders and interest groups for the past three years.

An important component of the Ghost Access Management Plan includes the creation of a Stewardship Committee to provide direction and has a strong voice in managing the area. This next phase is designed to allow direct involvement and commitment from users and key stakeholders to work in an effective, collaborative manner towards sustainable use of the area. This is essential for the successful implementation of the plan and trails network. The designated trails network is a starting point for an adaptive management strategy and includes the opportunity for trail enhancement through the Stewardship Committee, which is expected to be in place by late August 2006. Sustainable Resource Development will be contacting interested stakeholder groups to identify Stewardship Committee representatives.

Management of the area, including the trails network, is further supported by the creation of the Ghost Forest Land Use Zone. Department staff will routinely patrol the Ghost-Waiparous area and encouraging responsible use by educating users about the Respect the Land stewardship education program. They will also be teaching users about the new rules and be responding to non-compliance issues through warnings and fines authorized under the Forest Recreation Regulation.

Further information regarding the implementation of the Ghost-Waiparous Operational Access Management Plan, the Ghost Forest Land Use Zone, and the Stewardship Committee can be found on the Sustainable Resource Development's website at http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/regions/southw ... index.html or by contacting the Information Center at 1-866-279-0023.

Sustainable Resource Development appreciates the responsible stewardship efforts of Albertans and appreciates your comments on this important matter.

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Can you say canned form letter? I'm surprised they even "personalized" it with your name.

This "standardized" response does not really address any of our direct concerns, does it?
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Looks exactly like the lip service email I got :banghead: