More bad news with a FLUZ plan now

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

letters

Post by thumper-darryl »

We need to let Gov that we do not appreciate the way the recreation user is being treated in regards to the GAMP process. Superficial stake-holder consultation, incomplete trail inventory, incomplete water quality study, not using available data, acting on emotion not science. Yes, rattle some chains.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Banff-Cochrane MLA Janis Tarchuk email banff.cochrane@assembly.ab.ca

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Thanks Chuck - I have added Janice as well as my own MLA to the bcc distribution list.

I REALLY encourage EVERYONE else (official RMDRA member or not!!) to do the same thing I am doing.

If anyone wants help writing a letter, I'm willing to help ya with that (although I'll probably consulting with Darryl first and make sure we're accurate in our statments.)

Still DAMN* Passionate,
Derek Radomski, CA

If you wanna give me a call for help, that's good too - lots of people already have my number - if you don't, pm me and I'll get my cell number to ya.
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

This sign scares me.....

You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

UPDATE on Official GAMP announcement

from another site:

There will be a Media tour from 12:30-2PM on Wednesday and the official press release at 2PM to 2:30 PM, The Minister himself will be presenting it. This info is from CHQR Radio. It will be released at the Ghost Ranger Station.

Tom (fingers crossed!)
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

I just saw a news clip that says there will be a report on the Ghost/Waiporous closures on the 11 pm news tonight on CTV cable 3. WR Dave.
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

gamp

Post by DirtGirl »

There was a small blurb on Country 105 this morning too!
Oh this makes me so mad!!

Is anyone planning on attending the new release to protest and cause a scene?! LOL!
I wish I could!
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

stubble_jumper16
Journalist
Journalist

Post by stubble_jumper16 »

New government plan could be a road block for off-roaders

calgary.ctv.ca

jsh

POSTED AT 6:47 PM Monday, May 15

The provincial government set to announce new rules for the Ghost-Waiparous recreation area just in time for the May long weekend.

For 30 years the Ghost-Waiporous area has been accessible to people with all manner of motorbikes, and all terrain vehicles.

Users like Tim Dzaman say they took part in a consultation process about how to manage the area, but he says the government didn’t listen.

Instead, Dzaman says on Wednesday the government will announce it's closing the majority of trails previously available for motorized recreation.

Some of the off-roaders are very upset by the possible closures.

“They are taking hundreds of kilometers of trails limiting it down to 36. It's going to create the fish bowl effect where the trails are going to get over used and it's a recipe for disaster!” said Jenssen Aiken.

Area users say they’re shocked the government will release a plan before they have had an opportunity to put some final input into it.

There is also a article in the Calgary Herald in today's paper(Tuesday May 16)

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

FLUZ

Post by thumper-darryl »

QR77 at 3 pm today.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

gamp

Post by DirtGirl »

Do i get to hear Daryll rip someone a new one!!?? yeah!!! :cheers:
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

If the actual outcome is consistent with these early indicators, this is a DISASTER for single track!!!

What a friggin' slap in the face to Darryl and others for ALL the EFFORT and TIME they have put in.

I think we are all expecting that effort and time was an INVESTMENT - and not just "lost".

Potentially very upset,
Derek Radomski, CA
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

DYsLeXIC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DYsLeXIC »

Does this mean I have to vote Liberal? This alone sways my vote.
07 KTM 250 XCF-W
04 Yamaha WR250F (Stolen)
03 Honda XR50 for my 6 year old

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

gamp

Post by DirtGirl »

Like it has been repeated several times, it is not going to matter what extra rules they put in place if they don't have the resources to police and enforce them, it is going to fail. They can't enforce the rules they have now because of the lack of funding and bodies. It is like pulling the plug in the bathtub and then wondering why you aren't getting wet! :bonk:
Stupid!

But once again, thank you to Daryll, Dennis, Dean, Cal etc that have invested so much time and energy trying to fight for all of us!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Post by markvfr »

Sorry, I missed the annoucement yesterday. Whats the final verdict??

:confused:

onthemain
Writer
Writer

Re: gamp

Post by onthemain »

DirtGirl wrote:Like it has been repeated several times, it is not going to matter what extra rules they put in place if they don't have the resources to police and enforce them, it is going to fail. They can't enforce the rules they have now because of the lack of funding and bodies. It is like pulling the plug in the bathtub and then wondering why you aren't getting wet! :bonk:
Stupid!

But once again, thank you to Daryll, Dennis, Dean, Cal etc that have invested so much time and energy trying to fight for all of us!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I agree with your statement about it being hard to enforce with their current resources ,but what that set us/we up for in the future is the" look we tried to keep these areas open to the off road community but they just are not listening the only solution now is to close the area to any kind of off road activity" which is the impression that I am getting that they want anyway, the old bring it in slowly so as not to create to much of a backlash .my thoughts anyway :excuse:
07 CRF 250X