OHV equipment act / What does my bike need ??

What's new? Questions, letters, initiatives.
Hooligan
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Re: OHV equipment act / What does my bike need ??

Postby Hooligan » Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

dirtyboy wrote:I just mounted my license plate on that fender extension and on the first ride the license plate broke apart and now I have 1/4 of a plate on the rear of my motorcycle. Now I have to pay for another plate. :mad:

I do like Malcom and mount the plate to a piece of aluminum plate to make it stronger. However I have also lost one of those plates which is annoying to replace. So I mount mine to my pack, which I realize is not legal to the letter of the law, but it is most certainly within the spirit of the law. I just swapped over to a Veteran plate so I'm gonna dare some CO to give me a hard time about that after I invested several years of my life in service of my country. :lol:

The licence plate law is very poorly worded and open to a ton of interpretation. What exactly is the front or rear of a bike and is a flimsy piece of plastic really more secure than the muffle or wheel?

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

malcolmzilla
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby malcolmzilla » Mon May 15, 2017 12:10 pm

dirtyboy wrote:I just mounted my license plate on that fender extension and on the first ride the license plate broke apart and now I have 1/4 of a plate on the rear of my motorcycle. Now I have to pay for another plate. :mad:

Perhaps they will only fine you 3/4 of the full penalty then? :redneck:

As mentioned the puckboard or aluminum plate reinforcement has kept mine intact now, if I could find thin UHMW plastic then I'd do that... hmmm thin cutting boards might fit the bill... :thinking:
15 Yamaha YZ250FX, 270cc, cams
15 XC250
11 Berg 570, dualsport and supermoto
17 PW50
78ish CT70
Just another Dirt Donkey...

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

AJRJ
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby AJRJ » Mon May 15, 2017 12:31 pm

malcolmzilla wrote:I appreciate folks trying to get by with bicycle lights and such, however this might be an area to spend the $ on good gear that serves more purpose, and avoids a fine /arguments with CO's.

I agree with the sentiment 100%, although I do use battery powered lights. The bikes I choose seem to struggle with additional loads; A 450XCF and a KTM 65. And that's also not to say that some battery lights are quite awesome. I have a Task Racing battery powered helmet light that's better than any stock headlight I've seen.

Advertisement

Return to “Land Advocacy”