Timbersled??

Sled, ski, board, snow-bike area.

Same rules as elsewhere. No classified. Trial area to see if it gets used.
Forum rules
Anything snow related. Sled, snow-bike, ski, board, etc.

No Classified.
spitnbark
Contributor
Contributor

Timbersled??

Postby spitnbark » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Has anyone ridden one of these Timbersleds? Just curious about how they handle? I know this manufacturer makes top quality high performance after-market sled suspension and other add-ons. Would it not be legit to take it into Maclean Creek? Track and ski??

Timbersled??

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

spitnbark
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Timbersled??

Postby spitnbark » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:57 am

I have done more research on my own. I was able took a look at a few setups in Turner Valley. These are seriously well manufactured, and designed. The sled kit adds 45lbs to my bike after I remove the swing arm and wheels (it varys from bike to bike). I will need to rap my pipe, and keep my carburater warm. It takes about an hour to put on. Then head for the mountains. :applause:

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

axel99
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby axel99 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 am

Does the timbersled come with a replacement air filter and filter wrap? Do you remove the air box completly? Winter riding on a 2T with a frozen carb is alot less fun.
Last edited by axel99 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
#Z3B

Advertisement

Brass
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Brass » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 am

spitnbark wrote:I have done more research on my own. I was able took a look at a few setups in Turner Valley. These are seriously well manufactured, and designed. The sled kit adds 45lbs to my bike after I remove the swing arm and wheels (it varys from bike to bike). I will need to rap my pipe, and keep my carburater warm. It takes about an hour to put on. Then head for the mountains. :applause:

For the carb you want ktm part number 55131003044

You really should not have posted that you have the sled kit installed. Everyone will be asking to try it.

Can I try it? :lol:
The voices are back. Awesome!

Advertisement

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Postby markvfr » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:42 am

Here is a cool vid of one hill climbing.

And some boondocking

I looked at the kits and Timbersled seems like the best track conversion kits out there but still, at the $4500 pricetag, and prices of rebuilding the motor after each season since its pinned 99% of the time, it was just not worth it to me. And you can't really mount skis to it and double up. :) So I got a sled. It sure looks like it would be fun in McLean and I think you'd be legal to ride it there in the winter. Looking forward to your review of it. :thumbsup:

Advertisement

spitnbark
Contributor
Contributor

Postby spitnbark » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:32 am

axel99 wrote:Does the timbersled come with a replacement air filter and filter wrap? Do you remove the air box completly? Winter riding on a 2T with a frozen carb is alot less fun.

Good question. It does come with a "prefilter" that keeps the snow out, but lets air in. I'm told it works quite well. We shall see.

Advertisement

Spinalguy
RMDRA Sponsor
RMDRA Sponsor

Postby Spinalguy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:47 pm

:salivating: i wonder if they will make one for the ktm 950 super enduro :nworthy: i know Diamond Dave has been trying to find out...
You would not be pinning that bike, unless you want to die...quickly :lol:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com/soft-tissue-injuries/

Advertisement

spitnbark
Contributor
Contributor

Postby spitnbark » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Spinalguy wrote::salivating: i wonder if they will make one for the ktm 950 super enduro :nworthy: i know Diamond Dave has been trying to find out...

My buddy has a very sweet 950 R super enduro. He says its a "mans bike". I always respond with,"why are you riding it, then?"
Power to weight ratio, its the same as 300 xc. Your big disadvantage is you would just sink. I would say about 150-180lbs too heavy for the track and the ski. You can of course get a bigger ski, but that leaves the track that is just 11" wide and 54" long. Bring a snorkel :D Guys like to run 450's to 570's then NOS them.

Advertisement

spitnbark
Contributor
Contributor

Postby spitnbark » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks Brass, I called C.W., they have them in stock. I'll be picking one up shortly. My sled kit doesn't arrive till about Christmas. Merry Christmas to me. :)

Advertisement

Spinalguy
RMDRA Sponsor
RMDRA Sponsor

Postby Spinalguy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:38 am

spitnbark wrote:
Spinalguy wrote::salivating: i wonder if they will make one for the ktm 950 super enduro :nworthy: i know Diamond Dave has been trying to find out...

My buddy has a very sweet 950 R super enduro. He says its a "mans bike". I always respond with,"why are you riding it, then?"
Power to weight ratio, its the same as 300 xc. Your big disadvantage is you would just sink. I would say about 150-180lbs too heavy for the track and the ski. You can of course get a bigger ski, but that leaves the track that is just 11" wide and 54" long. Bring a snorkel :D Guys like to run 450's to 570's then NOS them.

So with a wider rear track and a wider front ski, it could be possible. That is what Dave and i were discussing the other night regarding the weight of the 950. One can dream i guess. That video of fresh pow pow had me drooling.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com/soft-tissue-injuries/

Advertisement

DaveSimmons
Contributor
Contributor

Postby DaveSimmons » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Looking forward to seeing some video action when you get out on it Jeff :thumbsup:

Advertisement

spitnbark
Contributor
Contributor

Postby spitnbark » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:29 pm

DAVE! How's that hand buddy? Are you in physio now? The pain should be a little less, I would hope. You know, you've got the perfect weapon for a timbersled. I don't know if you met my buddy Rob, on that last ride... He's got a 570, and a sled kit on order = good times. You should join us. :applause:

Advertisement

DaveSimmons
Contributor
Contributor

Postby DaveSimmons » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:38 pm

I showed it to the Mrs :bonk: , and.........then I woke up, and got up from the floor.. :D

Advertisement

DaveSimmons
Contributor
Contributor

Postby DaveSimmons » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:39 pm

oh... the thumb should be ready to go next spring :applause:

Advertisement

rock933
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rock933 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Will the 300 pull the timber sled? That is a pretty big track on it. I bought the 2 moto at the end of last year Blackfoot had them on sale for half price. I'm just waiting for some more snow to try it out.

Advertisement

Return to “Snow stuff”