Snowmobiling

Sled, ski, board, snow-bike area.

Same rules as elsewhere. No classified. Trial area to see if it gets used.
Forum rules
Anything snow related. Sled, snow-bike, ski, board, etc.

No Classified.
Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Snowmobiling

Postby Brent » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Revy was great...very tricky with open creeks and log corals...but still very deep for early november.
Last weekend was Hope Creek, we were the first ones in there and it was a little thin but up at the very top we found some deep stashes and had a blast. this weekend it's back out to Revy. They have been pounded for 2 weeks straight...deep deep!!!
High avy dangers this weekend so anyone traveling out, be on your toes and take extra precautions.
I geared down the etec to a 20-49 and am going to order a DJ clutch kit, so we'll see how that all pans out.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

markvfr
Columnist
Columnist

Postby markvfr » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:04 pm

Brent wrote:Revy was great...very tricky with open creeks and log corals...but still very deep for early november.
Last weekend was Hope Creek, we were the first ones in there and it was a little thin but up at the very top we found some deep stashes and had a blast. this weekend it's back out to Revy. They have been pounded for 2 weeks straight...deep deep!!!
High avy dangers this weekend so anyone traveling out, be on your toes and take extra precautions.
I geared down the etec to a 20-49 and am going to order a DJ clutch kit, so we'll see how that all pans out.

Awesome! I went out last weeekend to test out the conditions in MT and its still pretty thin there but they're supposed to be getting some snow now. Revy and now Golden are definitely the places to be right now. Report back how you'll like the new gearing and the DJ kit. I will see if I start eating belts a lot, and if I do, I was thinking of getting the floating QRS as the first upgrade on the beast.

I'm on the hunt for a ski rack for the doo and seems like the options are pretty limited and very pricey but I think I'll go for the CFR rack. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

cycleworks
RMDRA Sponsor
RMDRA Sponsor

Postby cycleworks » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:25 am

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/25064635 ... 791-74993/

Maybe you guys should buy a Polaris. No big deal.
Allison - Parts Department - Cycleworks Calgary (403) 230-1920
2018 250 XCW

Advertisement

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Postby cedric » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Kicking Horse is claiming 60" of snow in the last 7 days. That's 5 feet. It's gonna be sick out there this weekend, wish I was going...

Advertisement

cycleworks
RMDRA Sponsor
RMDRA Sponsor

Postby cycleworks » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:12 pm

More pictures from Jordan the VP guy...

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/25064695 ... 244-41493/
Allison - Parts Department - Cycleworks Calgary (403) 230-1920
2018 250 XCW

Advertisement

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Postby Brent » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:53 am

markvfr wrote:
Brent wrote:Revy was great...very tricky with open creeks and log corals...but still very deep for early november.

Awesome! I went out last weeekend to test out the conditions in MT and its still pretty thin there but they're supposed to be getting some snow now. Revy and now Golden are definitely the places to be right now. Report back how you'll like the new gearing and the DJ kit. I will see if I start eating belts a lot, and if I do, I was thinking of getting the floating QRS as the first upgrade on the beast.

I'm on the hunt for a ski rack for the doo and seems like the options are pretty limited and very pricey but I think I'll go for the CFR rack. Any thoughts?

We rode quartz on friday before the busy weekend and it is looking really good, they have a lot of snow. the skies opened up a bit to that day as a bonus.
then we were off to Glacier house and rented a log cabin right at the base of Frisby so saturday was one of my best days on a sled yet. a lot of people were in the cabin complaining about visibility and i was complaining about sore arms. we found a very technical sidehill ledge setup that led into small creeks and bowls that is technically off the side of the mountain that nobody ventures out to. we were warned about not going over there because of very difficult terrain, so that's the first place we went to. we managed to sidehill climb all the way back up to the top. the trees were huge and spaced and the snow was untouched bottomless. amazing! It's hard to imagine how much snow is at frisby right now, it is twice as deep as quartz. it's gotta be 10' deep. we rode frisby again on sunday for another epic day and then hiway 1 was shut down for avy bombing so we partyed that night and then drove out monday morning...great weekend!
I did not buy the clutch kit yet but the 20 tooth is worth it. the sled holds it's rpm's easier, i might even try the 19 tooth. the 163's come with a bottom 49 instead of the 45 on the 154's so that helps too.
the new 2011-2012 etec's do not really need clutching like the 08s and 09s did. i got 1100 km's on the first belt and now i'm at 800km's on belt two and holding so that is as good as it gets. everything is stock, no venting. If i do try some clutching later on in the season, then i might try either the DJ or the RPG setup. RPG guys are local revy guys so i want to support them.

cycleworks....great photos! days like that with new snow and blue skies make snowmobiling like a drug. you live for those days.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Advertisement

rogue
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby rogue » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Brent wrote:
markvfr wrote:

We rode quartz on friday before the busy weekend and it is looking really good, they have a lot of snow. the skies opened up a bit to that day as a bonus.
then we were off to Glacier house and rented a log cabin right at the base of Frisby so saturday was one of my best days on a sled yet. a lot of people were in the cabin complaining about visibility and i was complaining about sore arms. we found a very technical sidehill ledge setup that led into small creeks and bowls that is technically off the side of the mountain that nobody ventures out to. we were warned about not going over there because of very difficult terrain, so that's the first place we went to. we managed to sidehill climb all the way back up to the top. the trees were huge and spaced and the snow was untouched bottomless. amazing! It's hard to imagine how much snow is at frisby right now, it is twice as deep as quartz. it's gotta be 10' deep. we rode frisby again on sunday for another epic day and then hiway 1 was shut down for avy bombing so we partyed that night and then drove out monday morning...great weekend!
I did not buy the clutch kit yet but the 20 tooth is worth it. the sled holds it's rpm's easier, i might even try the 19 tooth. the 163's come with a bottom 49 instead of the 45 on the 154's so that helps too.
the new 2011-2012 etec's do not really need clutching like the 08s and 09s did. i got 1100 km's on the first belt and now i'm at 800km's on belt two and holding so that is as good as it gets. everything is stock, no venting. If i do try some clutching later on in the season, then i might try either the DJ or the RPG setup. RPG guys are local revy guys so i want to support them.

cycleworks....great photos! days like that with new snow and blue skies make snowmobiling like a drug. you live for those days.

Sounds very much like where we rode on Sunday. :thinking: Never saw a soul. Perfect conditions for boondaocking, too bad we ended it with a smashed up sled. Nothing bubble gum and Duct tape can’t fix. :smirk:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Advertisement

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Postby Brent » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:04 am

that sucks...was it your sled?
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Advertisement

rogue
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby rogue » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Brent wrote:that sucks...was it your sled?

No, a friends. :)
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Advertisement

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Postby Brent » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:19 pm

It looks like the south finally got some much needed fresh...any ride reports from the Castle/Corbin/Elkford/Fernie areas?

Advertisement

Dobi
RMDRA Lifetime Member
RMDRA Lifetime Member

Postby Dobi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Brent wrote:It looks like the south finally got some much needed fresh...any ride reports from the Castle/Corbin/Elkford/Fernie areas?

Did Santa bring you new snowshoes? :smirk:

Advertisement

350scott
RMDRA Lifetime Member
RMDRA Lifetime Member

Postby 350scott » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Dobi wrote:
Brent wrote:It looks like the south finally got some much needed fresh...any ride reports from the Castle/Corbin/Elkford/Fernie areas?

Did Santa bring you new snowshoes? :smirk:

Made me laugh.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2015 450XC-F
2014 300XC
2014 500/610XC-W (Snowbike)

Advertisement

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Postby Brent » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:12 am

Haha, actually I just dusted off my old set. I finally put them to use and they worked great. I was thinking about strapping them to the back of my sled LOL.
Remember folks, always carry something to start a fire with...very important. I carry fire sticks that light and burn weather they are wet or dry.

Advertisement

twotired
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby twotired » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Advertisement

Hendrix13
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Hendrix13 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:11 pm

twotired wrote:This video is incredible! :crazy:

http://www.zapiks.fr/share/player.swf?file=50284

WOW, I'll stick to dirt biking thank you... :eek:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Advertisement

Return to “Snow stuff”