Snowmobiling

Sled, ski, board, snow-bike area.

Same rules as elsewhere. No classified. Trial area to see if it gets used.
Forum rules
Anything snow related. Sled, snow-bike, ski, board, etc.

No Classified.
steve-o
Author
Author

Re: Snowmobiling

Postby steve-o » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:46 pm

rock933 wrote:
Spinalguy wrote:
cedric wrote:His sled certainly does not suck. It's a Summit 800, pretty much the most common machine in the mountains. Roughly 160hp. You know how hard it is to walk up a steep slope in waist deep powder, think about how hard that machine is working.

So if i hear correctly, what you are saying is, sledding is very slow and boring :D

It's not boring the chalange is to climb and not get stuck, when you climb as high as these machines are capable of it get the blood pumping.
I just found it more expensive then dirt biking because of the distances I had to travel to go sledding and once you get the conditions are so
hit and miss. If I lived in BC I would still be into sledding. To travel 4 hrs. and find the area socked in with fog was disapointing.

so it's slow, boring, and expensive??

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Postby cedric » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Yeah it totally sucks Steve-o, no need for you to come out and mess up any of our powder. :smirk:

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Postby Brent » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:52 pm

actionsports wrote:On another note, I was up to Valemount this past weekend. We rode Allen Creek both days. It was pretty pounded on the main riding areas, but if you are adventurous, the south facing slopes were outstanding. The "burn" area, which is the south facing slope, was really good. In addition, we were able to make it all the way to the end, which would be the west end, east facing bowl. Incredible pow stashes througout that area. The turbo was shredding the POW!!! Avalanche danger was moderate in the alpine, so we stayed safe and ripped up the technical treed stuff and smaller pokes.

I think the next adventure will be McBride/Renshaw. Have any of you made it over that way? I've heard its awesome. Any recommendations?

Never been up north and I've heard it's awesome too. How was the trip?
Hopefully I can get out next weekend, Revy and Sicamous are getting pounded.

Advertisement

actionsports
Contributor
Contributor

Postby actionsports » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:50 pm

Hey, havn't had time to get back up north yet, but would like to go for sure. I was fortunate enough to be skiing at Fernie this past weekend and it was sick!! 80-90 cm of fresh made the skiing incredible. I was missing my sled for sure though!

Advertisement

Dobi
RMDRA Lifetime Member
RMDRA Lifetime Member

Postby Dobi » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 am

One of my contractors from Edmonton is arranging an Alaskan trip in March 2013. Load 30 sleds in Edmonton on a custom trailer, fly up to Whitehorse a week later, ride for 5 days, fly home. Cost is $3k and includes transport, flights, and hotel. Meals, gas and bevies are on you. He has about 18 spots secured already but is looking to flange up the rest. PM me if you are interested and I will put you in touch (or if you have a sled to borrow :blush: ....)

Advertisement

Dakota_c69
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Dakota_c69 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Dobi wrote: (or if you have a sled to borrow :blush: ....)

I have a Killer Krazy Karpet you could borrow...
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

Advertisement

LID
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby LID » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Dobi wrote:One of my contractors from Edmonton is arranging an Alaskan trip in March 2013. Load 30 sleds in Edmonton on a custom trailer, fly up to Whitehorse a week later, ride for 5 days, fly home. Cost is $3k and includes transport, flights, and hotel. Meals, gas and bevies are on you. He has about 18 spots secured already but is looking to flange up the rest. PM me if you are interested and I will put you in touch (or if you have a sled to borrow :blush: ....)

Heading to Haines Summit?

Advertisement

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Postby Brent » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm

So anyone snow check a new sled for next year? A few of my buddies picked up the new 2013 skidoo XM 800 and a couple others went to the new Polaris 800. I got a fresh top end fully rebuilt by BRP mid season so I'm probably going to keep mine for all of next season...but that's a long time away yet so we'll see what happens.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Advertisement

Return to “Snow stuff”