The Lake

Sled, ski, board, snow-bike area.

Same rules as elsewhere. No classified. Trial area to see if it gets used.
Forum rules
Anything snow related. Sled, snow-bike, ski, board, etc.

No Classified.
MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

The Lake

Postby MtnBlue » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:30 pm

It is the eve of opening at Lake Louise. Snow has been falling west of Banff for the last few weeks, with some nice snow fall in the last week. Current year to date snowfall is 75cm. This is a nice start to the season, as it's been the "right" type of snow and the way it's come in. Potentially bodes well for the rest of the season.

I know there are a number of RMDRA'ers that might venture west to ski hills.Brad 176, DB, Dude,KTMPilot,Spinalguy( mending on injured reserve currently), Steve-O,Motored ( hello, hello, beuhler, hello) and hopefully more.Alex, Hendrix, Rogue??. I have at pass Lake Louise, so I head there often. If anybody (any rmdra'ers!!) wants to hook up for skiing at the The Lake, shoot a post here. I said skiing, but will cruise around with boarders too (if they are of good ability,and don't scrape the snow off the hill :smirk: ) I'll try to let people know of current conditions when I've been out ( a lot, I hope this year). So if you are heading to Louise, post away. Let's do some sliding

Opening day tomorrow, will be wiwaxy, the infamous wiwaxy 500. I will not be there :lol: , but may be later this week to get an idea of coverage. Heard outer limits may open quickly (mon). :cheers:

The Lake

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

giantjoe
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Re: The Lake

Postby giantjoe » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 am

Seriously? Isn't it really early? Guess we can get out sooner than we thought.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

Hendrix13
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Hendrix13 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:38 am

Last year Louise had the best conditions I can remember. Let's hope this year is just as good :thumbsup:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Advertisement

dirtyboy
RMDRA Lifetime Member
RMDRA Lifetime Member

Postby dirtyboy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Nov 11, 1995 was wicked. Powder all over wiwaxy and the front side. I think it was the same day that they opened Paradise bowl and I had first day tracks every where! It was an adventure just getting to the Lake in my old F250 not to mention the skiing there that day. :)

Advertisement

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Postby MtnBlue » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:23 am

Summit opens today. Details to follow

Advertisement

dirtyboy
RMDRA Lifetime Member
RMDRA Lifetime Member

Postby dirtyboy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 am

MtnBlue wrote:Summit opens today. Details to follow

:hyper: :thumbsup:

Advertisement

rogue
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby rogue » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm headed out Back Country Boarding this weekend, but would be into heading to the lake for sure. :thumbsup:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Advertisement

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Postby MtnBlue » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Just back. Things are shaping up nicely for this early in the season. They summit is open, with the usual run of choice "outer limits". It is skiing very nice, the snow quality was good and the coverage (ie huge drift) along fence line is good. Venture out too far to skiers left and it gets dicey (rocky and the drift drops off hard and fast). I did venture off once and picked my way over to headwall bowl. That still needs more snow, the route over was thin. Good thing for the "local" volkl skis. Lower mountain has great coverage, but as usual the focus this time of year is the World Cup Races coming up in the next couple of weeks. If you have a pass, it's worth it. If you have to buck up for the full day rate, I would wait. One more decent snowfall (20cm+) and a lot of terrain will open :thumbsup:
Last edited by MtnBlue on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

dirtyboy
RMDRA Lifetime Member
RMDRA Lifetime Member

Postby dirtyboy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for the update MtnBlue.

Advertisement

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Postby Brent » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:11 pm

dirtyboy wrote:Nov 11, 1995 was wicked. Powder all over wiwaxy and the front side. I think it was the same day that they opened Paradise bowl and I had first day tracks every where! It was an adventure just getting to the Lake in my old F250 not to mention the skiing there that day. :)

DB, that's funny, I remember this day very well too. Deepest opening day I could remember for the lake. I had to wait in line for my seasons pass while everyone was getting all the fresh lines...very tough to do.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

Advertisement

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Postby MtnBlue » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Heavy snowfall warning for mountain parks :applause:
Update: 30 cms and still snowing! :headbang:

Advertisement

singletrack
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby singletrack » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm

MtnBlue wrote:Heavy snowfall warning for mountain parks :applause:

Sounds interesting. I have volunteered to take the day off work tomorrow and verify these conditions. :D

Advertisement

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Postby MtnBlue » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:51 pm

singletrack wrote:
MtnBlue wrote:Heavy snowfall warning for mountain parks :applause:

Sounds interesting. I have volunteered to take the day off work tomorrow and verify these conditions. :D

Make sure to check the web site in the am. Not all terrain is open. Summit did not open today

Advertisement

RTS
User
User

Postby RTS » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:49 am

It's nice to see that there are some skiers/boarders in the RMDRA. I hold a Louise pass as well, and try to log as many days as my legs can handle, and work will allow. I got some new gear this year :applause: and have stocked up on advil for those tough days. I am good to go. If anyone wants to meet up at the Lake or rideshare from Calgary post away. :thumbsup:

Advertisement

dirtyboy
RMDRA Lifetime Member
RMDRA Lifetime Member

Postby dirtyboy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:24 pm

RTS wrote:It's nice to see that there are some skiers/boarders in the RMDRA. I hold a Louise pass as well, and try to log as many days as my legs can handle, and work will allow. I got some new gear this year :applause: and have stocked up on advil for those tough days. I am good to go. If anyone wants to meet up at the Lake or rideshare from Calgary post away. :thumbsup:

What do you do? :smirk: as in ski or board?

Advertisement

Return to “Snow stuff”