Snowbiking

Sled, ski, board, snow-bike area.

Same rules as elsewhere. No classified. Trial area to see if it gets used.
Forum rules
Anything snow related. Sled, snow-bike, ski, board, etc.

No Classified.
5Lgreenback
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Snowbiking

Postby 5Lgreenback » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:06 pm

350scott- Have you ridden the KTM 300's ST on the mountains? How do they compare to your 450f'? Is one superior to the other or is it mostly a matter of personal preference?

I have the option of using a 2008 450sxf as well that I was otherwise planning on selling. But it lacks the rekluse clutch, has electric start only and a 4 spd trans. And of course its a carb'd bike too. But if it makes a better/ easier platform maybe I'll go that way?

My seat of the pants dyno tells me the power levels are pretty similar between the two bikes, but I definitely find the YZ much easier to ride on the trails.

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

350scott
RMDRA Lifetime Member
RMDRA Lifetime Member

Postby 350scott » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:40 pm

I have ridden a 300 ST in the mountains (where else do you ride them). I think the newer 450's work better and I think most would agree, however there are people that prefer the big 2 strokes. Regarding the 300 vs 2008 450sxf, I'd take the 300.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2015 450XC-F
2014 300XC
2014 500/610XC-W (Snowbike)

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

Brass
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Brass » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:44 pm

For the snowbikers out there, what is the point of leaving the front fender on the bike? Does it add any protection from snow "spray" off the ski or do you just leave them on because bikes look funny without them? To me it just seems like another part to break in the cold when they don't protect you from mud being tossed up by a spinning wheel.

Silly question I know but I am curious.

Advertisement

Ahamay
User
User

Postby Ahamay » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:11 pm

Brass wrote:For the snowbikers out there, what is the point of leaving the front fender on the bike? Does it add any protection from snow "spray" off the ski or do you just leave them on because bikes look funny without them? To me it just seems like another part to break in the cold when they don't protect you from mud being tossed up by a spinning wheel.

Silly question I know but I am curious.

Not so silly

Advertisement

Return to “Snow stuff”