Ice riding

Sled, ski, board, snow-bike area.

Same rules as elsewhere. No classified. Trial area to see if it gets used.
Forum rules
Anything snow related. Sled, snow-bike, ski, board, etc.

No Classified.
Bluesmoke

Ice riding

Postby Bluesmoke » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Ghost lake is awesome. Sundays seem to be the busier day. There is a good community of bikers from various disciplines. Several two way tracks and an oval are available. There is also a small wooden jump.

Ice riding

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

boland
2018 RMDRA Member
2018 RMDRA Member

Re: Ice riding

Postby boland » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Not sure what ice conditions are like at ghost but I heard second gear club cancelled the entire ice racing season due to unsafe ice conditions all across alberta.
KTM 300 XC
#184b
RMDRA Membership Director
I turn your name red

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

BRod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BRod » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Other than the pending Numb Bum, the AEIRA has had little going on this winter as well. I haven't seen any scheduled 6 hour races. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm finding little info.

I've been out a couple times, and other than the complete destruction of a girlfriend's Husaberg silencer(I just had to try it), and a flat rear, which is chewing into my own muffler, its been very fun. Changing tires and fixing a simple flat has me wondering if it's worth it. (it is!). I would like to get up to Ghost to check it out. Work is going to be nuts for the next six weeks sadly. May not be this year.

Last edited by BRod on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

cerealkiller
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby cerealkiller » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:53 am

That looks awesome. Great pictures!
-Jared
#44b

Advertisement

AJRJ
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby AJRJ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:27 pm

I'm pretty sure the AEIRA (or whatever it is) has suspended all races for the 2013/2014 season for the first time ever. That would likely explain the lack of available info.

Advertisement

BRod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BRod » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:36 pm

AJRJ wrote:I'm pretty sure the AEIRA (or whatever it is) has suspended all races for the 2013/2014 season for the first time ever. That would likely explain the lack of available info.

They've come close before. A few winters ago, despite it feeling pluto cold, there was a melt, which made an ice-water-ice sandwich, which is what I believe has happened this winter as well.

It's the lack of info which has me miffed. They want to desperate get people re-interested in racing, but there is little communication on there site (their Facebook site that is. Their main site looks like it was last touched in '96). What info there is is all over, and mostly on the Outlaw ATV site, and the Pembina Dirt riders facebook page.

Advertisement

AJRJ
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby AJRJ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:52 pm

I got an e-mail through my SGC membership? other than that I would have no idea of even where to begin to find the info.

Advertisement

BRod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BRod » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Snow stuff”