Tire change on a TTR125

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Richters Riders
User
User

Tire change on a TTR125

Post by Richters Riders »

I went and bought the two proper tire wrenchs from G.W. and am now trying to get the tire off the rim. There is sweat poring off of me and Im gonna kill something or someone real soon. :crazy: How on Gods green earth are you supposed to get the freakn tire off the rim???
CRF-250X Son
2006 500 EFI Polaris ATV Dad
1984 Goldwing 1100 Dad

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Hey I sympathize with you, I feel like wrecking something every time I do a tire change, the feeling gets worse when everyone else does it easily. Sorry I am no help, have you loosened the rimlok?

Richters Riders
User
User

Tire change

Post by Richters Riders »

I just found a website that has pictures and what seems to be a better way of doing things. It is on this thumpertalk that some of you have discussed.http://www.geocities.com/milkman24_99/c ... _tires.htm
I'm still gonna kill something cause it ain't easy :banghead:
CRF-250X Son
2006 500 EFI Polaris ATV Dad
1984 Goldwing 1100 Dad

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

One of the main things to keep in mind is that both beads have to be broken loose and the side you are working on should have the bead farthest from the tire irons , squeezed down into the center of the rim. This allows the tire iron side enough slack to slip over the rim edge. Spray a bit of window cleaner onto the bead if it is a real behoch and only take small bites with the second iron. I see guys trying to take 6-8 inches of tire off at a time and this won't work at the beginning of the removal. You will get better at it and watch for pinching the tube on both removal and instal of the new tire or you will get more practice at it than you bargained for. Good Luck -- WR Dave.
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

BigR
Writer
Writer

Post by BigR »

I'm just up the road in Stavely and can give you a hand and some tips if you like.

Ron
312-7325
I have no enlightening quips