Suspension work

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Suspension work

Post by MtnBlue »

I'm looking at getting my suspension done (cross country riding only, no mx). Can anybody recommend a place in Calgary that they've had experience with? How about RMR?

Thanks,

Chuck

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Suspension work

Post by dirtyboy »

MtnBlue wrote:I'm looking at getting my suspension done (cross country riding only, no mx). Can anybody recommend a place in Calgary that they've had experience with? How about RMR?

Thanks,

Chuck
I have used Chris at Pro-Action suspension 685-9400 a number of times. I'm always happy with his work and I'm kind of particular. :D

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

thanks db. Any rough idea what it will cost me to have forks and shock done? ballpark figure

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Don't quote me but I think revalving, cleaning, oil change, and new oil for forks is $250 and shock is $200 including Nitrogen recharge. You should call Chris to confirm and let him tell you about his guarantee.

His valving is from www.pro-action.com and he has some added local tricks for XC valving because the XC valving from most suspension manufacturers is based on Eastern USA and our XC terrain is a little different. (Still need soft initial damping but need more bottoming resistance)

I'm trying to decide if I want to lower my bike when I get my revalving done. I'm short for the tall WR250F and am thinking about lowering it 1.5".

Any comments or suggestions?

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Is this guy hard to get a hold of at pro-action? I've left 2 messages this past week and haven't heard back from him :excuse:

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

I used RMR for my forks and I really liked the results. Rod and the guys know their stuff too.

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2024 KTM 300 XC-W
2018 KTM 250 XC
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

For my forks I just removed the mid-valve. It wasnt that hard but you need to know what to remove. It really helped the forks now they are nice and flush all the way through the stroke before there was a hit in the middle that is more suited to the motocross track not off road.

The rear shock has been pretty good. I just changed oil and recharged it and now it seems to works alot better.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

it's off to pro-action tomorrow. finally getting a proper spring for my size :applause:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

MtnBlue,

I take it that Chris called you back. He does go out to race events to support the racers and sometimes races too. He also has riding schools, so he is a busy guy.

:canada:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Yep, he was at the National this past weekend

bikesinmud
User
User

Post by bikesinmud »

I've been happy with race tech from Prince George, send the stuff on the bus and its back within a week.

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

You could also call Dave French at A&E in Brooks, he is the s**t for KTM's.
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

bikesinmud
User
User

Post by bikesinmud »

DirtGirl wrote:You could also call Dave French at A&E in Brooks, he is the s**t for KTM's.
Hmmm. I think about doing that since lots of guys are good with the jap bikes but they can wreak havoc on a KTM. Do you have his number?

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Chris at Pro Action does an excellent job on either KTM or Yam, however, Enzo is specifically designed for Yamahas, but I'm not sure about his xc experience....yeah, call Chris.
Proper springs front and back is the first step to a balanced setup.....otherwise your valves can't do there job.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

A&E

Post by DirtGirl »

1-403-362-6401

Make sure yout tell him who sent you!!! (gotta fullfill the sponsor quota! ahahahah!!)
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w