Studded Tires

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Studded Tires

Post by Dakota_c69 »

So are you guys with the studded tires riding in this type of snow??? Trellborgs are the way to go for this stuff, right???

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I'm riding in this snow, and the Trelleborg tires are the best tires that I've tried. Some say that the Michelin front tire is better because the studs are longer. (I haven't tried it)

If you get the Trelleborg you won't be restricted by it, that's for sure. :banana:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

spend your allowance on a snowboard and a few lift passes instead. At least this way there are medics around to pull you out in a sleigh when you crash and burn into the trees :buttkick:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Dobi wrote:spend your allowance on a snowboard and a few lift passes instead. At least this way there are medics around to pull you out in a sleigh when you crash and burn into the trees :buttkick:
......burn!

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Dobi wrote:spend your allowance on a snowboard and a few lift passes instead. At least this way there are medics around to pull you out in a sleigh when you crash and burn into the trees :buttkick:
Yeah..tell that to Sonny from what used to be Sonny and Cher!!! :D He's DEAD!
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Dakota_c69 wrote:Yeah..tell that to Sonny from what used to be Sonny and Cher!!! :D He's DEAD!
Nice comeback!

Helmets are a good idea. And if you get a snowboard, please don't forget the wrist braces. The wrist is nasty to heal.....speaking from experience. :nopity:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Dakota_c69 wrote:Yeah..tell that to Sonny from what used to be Sonny and Cher!!! :D He's DEAD!
That was just a cover up. He is actually living in a retirement home in the deep South with Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa :D

I agree about the wrist braces when you are first starting out. My first fracture was falling down while taking it easy on a very green run at Louise followed by 6 months of recovery. That same frozen ground exists under all that snow that you crazy's are riding your studded tires on though:cripple:

The helmet is a no brainer :buttkick: