Winter Upgrades

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
ktmrider94
User
User

Winter Upgrades

Post by ktmrider94 »

I got a 09 KTM 200 xc-w and I'm just wondering what would be a good thing to change this winter. Im open to any ideas and just curious to what options I have to possibly make my ride better or even get some extra performance.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Winter Upgrades

Post by MtnBlue »

Pretty broad question. Try giving a few details in how the bike is set up now (ie everthing from, does it have the usual armour, jetting, suspension, etc). Let us know what you are trying to accomplish in terms of performance

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Winter Upgrades

Post by Dobi »

for the 200's a pipe and a silencer can open them up. A vforce 4 reed block will give a better bottom end.

If it is on 09 with a few hours on it a set of rings and possibly a piston is a great idea, and with some dilligent gasket thickness you can get a 0 x dimension and perhaps an SX head you may gain a few horsepower. Making sure the powervalve is set properly can also add horespower.

the quickest way to make the bike faster is to have the suspension re-valved and serviced for your riding style, conditions and weight. Vp race fuel is cheaper, but not near as effective....

I take mine apart from front to back over the winter and give it a grease job and a serious inspection. I service the suspension, change the top end, change ALL fluids, repack exhaust, and mount up some fresh meats for when spring arrives :thumbsup: