Devol rad gaurds VS. flatland racing

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Roach
Contributor
Contributor

Devol rad gaurds VS. flatland racing

Post by Roach »

Anyone have experience with either? pros and cons of each? Rooster quoted me a good price for the flatlands but I'm just curious to know of the pros and cons to each before I buy. thanks

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Get the Flatland stuff and rest easy knowing that you did yourself a huge rad saving favour. The Flatlands are twice as strong as the devol guards. My .02--WR Dave.
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I've always liked flatlands. The Devol are 1/8" and the Flatlands are 3/16". I had the flatlands for my '05 with extra reinforced corners (called for specific customization). They are also for sale, not sure if they'll fit but I just haven't gotten around to putting a classified in. Skid plate too.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

If your getting the Flatland Racing ones you better hurry up! Your holding up my order! hahaha.

Kidding.

I know Rooster quoted me a price cheaper then the Devol ones I have seen in shops and I have heard from on here that they are indeed stronger.

As you seen this weekend you can't consider those Works Connection rad guards a "rad guard" as they are more of a whimpy support.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

Roach
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Roach »

cool. flatland it is. thanks