Gasgas Connection

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Gasgas Connection

Post by Zeal »

It was cool to see all the new Gassers out at Clint's race.

I wanted to start a thread where people riding Gassers could post. It will be a good way for us Gasser riders to share setup tip.

Guy on the Six Day 300 (Shane?) could you send me your contact info. I want to find out where you got those race numbers... they looked good!

Zeal
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Gasgas Connection

Post by steve-o »

Did you see that 125 missing almost every spoke (literally) on the rear wheel? It was a brand new 6 days. yikes. Is this common on gassers, I haven't had to pay to much attention to my spokes in the past with my ktm's and If i get a gasser next season I need to know i have to watch them all the time.

EDIT: and the guy said that gas gas would warranty it? How could this be true? He was the cowley dealer himself so it must be, but, really, warranty a wheel wrecked while racing. Zeal, is this what you know to be true too from the pacific dealer?

Dude
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Dude »

I was behind him when the wheel let go it looked like a cartoon.
Last edited by Dude on Mon May 09, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

Well, I think it is commonly known that wheel spokes should be tightened for any new bike, and watched closely for the first 10 hours or so. KTM, Husky, and Gasgas all recommend this practice for new bikes. It takes a couple of hours for a wheel to break in, and while it is breaking in some maintenance is required.

The warrenty on Gasgas products is 6 months, which is amazing. Generally though, there is no warrenty for a lack of maintenance. The warrenty is intended for manufacutrer defects, not failure to do standard maintenance. Checkingthe spokes is listed in the manual as an activity that should be performed with every fillup.

... Please don't reply to this thread hijack... Please start another thread if you have another topic you would like to discuss.
250 EC

#999 Int.

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Why is this a thread high jack when you are talking about gasgas 'set up tips' and I am contemplating buying one and have a question about maintenance and 'set up tips'?

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Zeal wrote:Well, I think it is commonly known that wheel spokes should be tightened for any new bike, and watched closely for the first 10 hours or so. KTM, Husky, and Gasgas all recommend this practice for new bikes. It takes a couple of hours for a wheel to break in, and while it is breaking in some maintenance is required.

The warrenty on Gasgas products is 6 months, which is amazing. Generally though, there is no warrenty for a lack of maintenance. The warrenty is intended for manufacutrer defects, not failure to do standard maintenance. Checkingthe spokes is listed in the manual as an activity that should be performed with every fillup.

... Please don't reply to this thread hijack... Please start another thread if you have another topic you would like to discuss.
and what is it doing in the Racing Forum anyway, maybe you should move it to Tech :thinking:

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I am usually pretty hard on wheels, but my wheels on this Gaser have held up well. I checked them after the first 2 rides (I do this on any brand) and i had a few slightly loose spokes, but nothing unusual. I rode a lot of hours last season without checking for close to 3 months and then i lost one, but that was my fault from neglect. I would say that spokes are definitely maintenance items. I doubt GasGas would even look at that guys bike with broken spokes everywhere, would anyone?
Unfortunately I could not make the race to help represent Gas Gas and I heard that Jared was tied up too. Looking forward to racing against all the different teams/different colours out there. It should be a great season!!
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Brent wrote:I am usually pretty hard on wheels, but my wheels on this Gaser have held up well. I checked them after the first 2 rides (I do this on any brand) and i had a few slightly loose spokes, but nothing unusual. I rode a lot of hours last season without checking for close to 3 months and then i lost one, but that was my fault from neglect. I would say that spokes are definitely maintenance items. I doubt GasGas would even look at that guys bike with broken spokes everywhere, would anyone?
Unfortunately I could not make the race to help represent Gas Gas and I heard that Jared was tied up too. Looking forward to racing against all the different teams/different colours out there. It should be a great season!!
Well Brent this is exactly what I thought about the warranty too, in that no one would look at warrantying that kind of distruction. It is good to hear that a guy like yourself hasn't really had any abnormal issues, maybe his was afreak thing. I'm pretty lazy when it come to checking the spokes on my bike but every time I do they are good.

Henry
Writer
Writer

Post by Henry »

Hey Zeal, call Nick at Graphnix for GAS GAS numbers and graphics. He has made a couple sets for brand new Gas GAS bikes this year. He is a local guy in Calgary.

403 973 0121

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

Awesome! Thanks for the info!
250 EC

#999 Int.

Gameadi
User
User

Post by Gameadi »

Hi Zeal,
The graphics are from Ride, http://www.rideltd.com/
There service was great and they were at my house in under a week. Here's the proof.
Attachments
gasgas 2011 edlund 18a - 2.jpg
2011 Gas Gas Six Days 250

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

Thanks Gameadi!

Let me know if you have any setup questions, I will do my best to help out.
250 EC

#999 Int.