Race Ready for REAL!

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Race Ready for REAL!

Post by Zeal »

OK, check out the new 2011 GG Sixday model.

Its is enduro race ready from the box.

- skid plate
- rad braces
- Lights
- Q Stealth silencer
- Brake Reservior Cooler
- Front axel quick pull
- Super Sprox rear sproket

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/enduro/345 ... 50-cc.html

Humm, I think my 2010 race ed may officially be for sale!
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Race Ready for REAL!

Post by crazy2wheeler »

I thought they were getting the button for 2011?
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

crazy2wheeler wrote:I thought they were getting the button for 2011?
Have a look at the "regular" EC300, it's shown in one of the gallary pics. Perhaps an option or maybe late availability?
The voices are back. Awesome!

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

E button on the regular EC's only. Not on the Race, Six Days or Nambotin models. They could be retro fitted for a price though. Also if you look closer the link you have shown is the 2010 Six Days Edition for Mexico, that is why the green is incorporated to match the Mexican flag. My guess is the bike is a 2011 with 2010 decals to commemorate the Six Days in Mexico. I wonder if the bike comes with the skid plate and rad frames ( looks like Scorpions to me) ? Very well equipped if so.
Claude

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

What's the cost to retrofit the button - more, or less than $600 ? (that's what it cost me to 'retrofit' my '08 XC)

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I haven't got the prices yet but the US parts dist figured about $300US?
Claude

Ricktc
Writer
Writer

Post by Ricktc »

cladoo wrote:I haven't got the prices yet but the US parts dist figured about $300US?
Will the 2010's be able to be retrofitted as well? If so, goodbye Yamaha, hello Gas Gas for me.

-Rick

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I would think so, not sure though.
Claude

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

Here is something interesting about the button. Watch the latest endurocross webshow and you will notice that Taddy does not have a button on his KTM... he uses his leg.

Anyway, I heard that the button will be a $500 option for the 2011 Gasgas bikes.

Ricktc, the yamaha is a great bike, but if you are riding in the bush I am confident you would prefer the handeling and transmission of an offroad bike.

I don't think the skid plate looks like a scorpion, and neither do the rad braces in my opinion.
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Zeal wrote:Here is something interesting about the button. Watch the latest endurocross webshow and you will notice that Taddy does not have a button on his KTM... he uses his leg.
If you don't crash, stall or by some other means find yourself parted from your bike, you don't need a button.

I could use one on most of my rides :blush:

Seriously though, a 2t is so easy to start that it's not a need, it's a luxury.
The voices are back. Awesome!

Ricktc
Writer
Writer

Post by Ricktc »

Zeal wrote:Here is something interesting about the button. Watch the latest endurocross webshow and you will notice that Taddy does not have a button on his KTM... he uses his leg.

Anyway, I heard that the button will be a $500 option for the 2011 Gasgas bikes.

Ricktc, the yamaha is a great bike, but if you are riding in the bush I am confident you would prefer the handeling and transmission of an offroad bike.

I don't think the skid plate looks like a scorpion, and neither do the rad braces in my opinion.
Zeal, I ride a WR right now, so I am used to the wide ratio trans, definitely nice, along with the plusher suspension. Just looking for a bike that has had a 40 lb diet, that's my main issue.

And since I have been spoiled for so long with a button on my WR, that's why I am seeking one on my next bike, whether it be a KTM 300 or Gas Gas 250/300.

-Rick

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

Lol... I'd be happy to have to kick start Taddy's bike for him - what would that be - about 1 kick per day??? :D