Goggles fogging ?

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Goggles fogging ?

Post by dirtyboy »

I was just looking in MotoVan's 2011 catalogue and they have a Scotts google there on page 33 with an electric fan. Runs on 1 AA battery. Supposed to be good for foggers or people who where glasses under the goggles.

I haven't tried them but fogging has certainly been an issue this year with some.

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Re: Goggles fogging ?

Post by Zeal »

Do they make a pair with a wiper blade too?

If they do I want one.
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

dirtyboy wrote:I was just looking in MotoVan's 2011 catalogue and they have a Scotts google there on page 33 with an electric fan. Runs on 1 AA battery. Supposed to be good for foggers or people who where glasses under the goggles.

I haven't tried them but fogging has certainly been an issue this year with some.
i remember a LONG time ago using goggles with a fan. Mint, i tell ya, Mint!
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Fordwheeler
Writer
Writer

Post by Fordwheeler »

They used to put those on there paintball goggles, I just used a little bit of dish soap with great results. Never tried it on dirtbike goggles yet.

justinKX
Journalist
Journalist

Post by justinKX »

pro gripp has an advertised non-fogging pair of goggles out... my friend has em, says they work great. he doesnt take em off when we all stop.

also i use the NORTH anti-fog wipes from work... for safety goggles.. ive used anti-fog stuff for hockey visors found at most places also.. they all work, just apply before going out everytime.
-Justin
00 kx250
06 crf150f
95 zx9r

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

dirtyboy wrote:I was just looking in MotoVan's 2011 catalogue and they have a Scotts google there on page 33 with an electric fan. Runs on 1 AA battery. Supposed to be good for foggers or people who where glasses under the goggles.

See these on the ski hill. Double lenses seem to work for me, unless it really pouring out then nothing works

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

MtnBlue wrote:See these on the ski hill. Double lenses seem to work for me, unless it really pouring out then nothing works
During the Crowsnest race this year, I kept my goggles on the whole time. People that I was working with kept commenting about me keeping the goggles on. My Scott double lens with the Scotts Anti-fog cloth application was very good. I can only assume that with a fan, they would be better. :D

I have been in many rain races and my goggles worked. No tear offs, no roll offs, just a good double lens and try to keep the moisture off them. That's one thing about the Airoh helmet. It doesn't seem to require duct tape on the visor to keep the rain off the goggles. It just naturally keeps the moisture off of the googles and the visor is very open for air flow.

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

That no-fog fan "kit" has been around for a couple years, made by a company called Haber. I believe the Scott unit is just the Haber unit rebranded. Look up Haber Vision on the web. There was someone (I think one of the pros) at the Crowsnest race who was using one (of the Haber units) and said it worked great. It might have been Clint, I'm not sure though.

I've used a set of Smith goggles with a built in fan unit for a couple years (I'm a HEAVY sweatter). They work great. I think they are actually made for sledding, I use them for races.

D. :cheers:
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists