2006 wr450 jetting for Calgary

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
kellyk
User
User

2006 wr450 jetting for Calgary

Post by kellyk »

This seems like the best location to post my question. I bought a 2006 wr450 last year from a fellow, it only had 100 km on it, literally brand new. The bike ran lean from the start. After doing ALL the mods on the bike, ais,air box, grey wire, throttle stop, exhaust etc... I had a really hard time eliminating the lean burn and the plug continues to be white /grey. I installed the adjustable needle jet, 48 pilot and had to increase the main jet to a 175. yes a 175. I have read a pile of threads and discussion and normally people have stayed with the 168. My bike seems to run really awesome and the fellows i ride with (ktm 300 "s) agree. The bike now has 4000km on it. Is there something I am missing here? In addition to this we are planning a trip your way in september. Elevation here is 2100. Is there anyone in your area that can give advise if I will have to change my jetting to get to the altitudes in mclean creek area 5000 +. Im a little new at all this so please excuse my ignorance. . thanks in advance for any advice!