MX Boots

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Birdman
Contributor
Contributor

MX Boots

Post by Birdman »

Looking to pick up a new set of boots for next year, what has everyone found to be a decent boot? I don't want to break the bank, but I also don't want something terribly uncomfortable with no protection.
Back to 4 wheels
Raptor 700R SE

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

My recommendation is don't cheap out on boots or helmets, a good chest protector is good too. I use the older style Alpinestar Tech 8's and I really like them but I'm not to keen on the backwards buckles on the newer versions. the Fox and Gaerne boots are really good as well. I think GW Cycle sells Fly gear and they aren't too expensive for the boots. I don't know how good they are though. You will probably get alot of info with this question. Good luck---WR Dave.
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I have the Gaerne SG10's this year. They are a little pricey. Very comfortable. Hold up much better than Tech 8's. And have a fairly hard sole (slippery sometimes) which I guess makes them wear well.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Sidi Force T/A's

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

I bought a pair of Gaerne's at GW and got an awesome deal on them, give them a try! They have some good stuff on sale and you don't even need to ask for a discount! (might help if you have mellons from heaven I guess!!??!)
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

Birdman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Birdman »

I was looking at a Gaerne's at Walt yesterday that were on sale for $275, they felt pretty decent. I'll check out GW too.
Back to 4 wheels
Raptor 700R SE

Zorac
User
User

Post by Zorac »

i have the fly boots, seem to work well, but i really have nothing to compare them too... they have put up with my abuse so far!
miniunit.com - Canadian fiddy and minibike enthusiasts.

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

Birdman wrote:I was looking at a Gaerne's at Walt yesterday that were on sale for $275, they felt pretty decent. I'll check out GW too.
mine were cheaper than that!

Hello Zorac, are you defecting Reilly? :awww:
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

Zorac
User
User

Post by Zorac »

maybe, roach and i got into pitbikes, created our own site for that (http://miniunit.com) and now have been looking a bit dirt bikes, after getting 15' or so of air on xr50s, we wanted more (without seriouly injurying ourselves) and decided it was time to upgrade! :P so i picked up a kx250f last month (off this site actually!) still have the old street bike though, not going to give that up quite yet...

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

Zorac wrote:maybe, roach and i got into pitbikes, created our own site for that (http://miniunit.com) and now have been looking a bit dirt bikes, after getting 15' or so of air on xr50s, we wanted more (without seriouly injurying ourselves) and decided it was time to upgrade! :P so i picked up a kx250f last month (off this site actually!) still have the old street bike though, not going to give that up quite yet...
Well welcome to the fun side! We'll have to get out next season for a ride! Has Ryan bought a dirt bike too?
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

Zorac
User
User

Post by Zorac »

~Pussykat~ wrote:Well welcome to the fun side! We'll have to get out next season for a ride! Has Ryan bought a dirt bike too?
hes looking at a yamaha 450 right now that a friend of ours has for sale, he needs to sell his r6 first though...

greenmachine
User
User

Post by greenmachine »

My fox boots are really comfortable as are my alpinestar tech 6's. One thing I found with boots is you do get what you pay for !

But knowing your luck, you'll find a pair of $800.00 boots for $300.00 ! :applause: