ICE Screws

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

BigD wrote:Yeah I seen the poll what bike do you ride and had to get the yamaha's ahead.

We need more blue riders. The orange guys are ganging up on me in the Winter Maintenance thread. :buttkick:

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

The ideal setup for riding a situation like Sharpless or any frozen spring or fall riding is to contact Brent Kroeker 333-4581 and have him stud some tires for you.The studs will stay in the tire 50 times longer than screws,the traction is better on all situations ( rocks,roots,dirt,mud etc) Studs versus screws will save you money because the screws will tear out of the tires in no time and shred the rubber they came out of making it impossible to reuse the tire. The studs are in far enough on these custom tires to get great traction on dirt,reasonable on rock and very good on deadfall,roots and ice-snow :cheers:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

Or if your making the big money just get a set of Trelleborg studded tires. Actuall i dont think there being made any more though.
http://winterstuds.com/Merchant4/mercha ... ory_Code=T

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

rooster, I'll give him a call. I know the price is similar to using screws.

BigD, That's pretty pricy considering it is USD. That's a lot of money. :eek: