Light Set Up on 2006 KTM 300 XC-W

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Light Set Up on 2006 KTM 300 XC-W

Post by MotorEd »

I copied the set up dirtyboy had going. The 2006 300 XC-W comes with a stator and the wires are ready to go, just need to uncoil them from under the tank making hook-up fairly easy. I bought a small set of 12V 55W fog lights from Crappy Tire ($70 for 2 lights) and a small 12V LED light for the rear ($4). I made a small bracket to mount on the front fender right to the black fender bracket and then cut out the small hole in the number plate. The 2006 also comes with an additional computer mount bracket to mount the light switch, but if you want to leave the number plate on you will need to make another small bracket to mount the switch and leave the stock computer mount bracket on. I will post pictures of the brackets if anyone is interested, but you should get the idea :cheers:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Very cool.

My headlight bulb burned out last week. I heard from rooster that the bulbs burn out quick. He mentioned a better bulb. I think the bulbs are a couple of bucks at Cdn Tire.

By the way, nice bike :D Enjoy it.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

I see alot of empty Keith's boxes in the background!! :D Nice bike :cheers:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

I see alot of empty Keith's boxes in the background!! Nice bike
Thats my equivalent to VP Racing Fuel!! :D

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Nice bike Brad! I am wondering if that taillight will be seen as led's are very directional. I replaced the bulb in taillight with an led like yours but it is facing back not down. I got tired of replacing the original bulb, hopefully this will last longer.
Claude
Claude

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Thanks Claude.

The rear light is not so visible in the day light, however around dusk it glows pretty good....very visible....and for 3.97 for the whole light I am not to concerned if they burn out quickly.

:cheers:

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

I believe you need to wire in a voltage regulator as well :D
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Roostermeister! The XC W comes with a voltage regulator....the XC does not. :cheers:

PS: maybe I will have to donate the Jetta to the RMDRA? :confused:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

MotorEd wrote:PS: maybe I will have to donate the Jetta to the RMDRA? :confused:
Sounds like an inside joke?? :confused:

Pay the Jetta bill Ed ! :bonk: