Calling all KTM Guru's

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Calling all KTM Guru's

Post by MotorEd »

So whats the deal? is North America getting the EXC model for 2006 or just the XC and XC-W versions? I know KTM is making the EXC model and they are in Europe, but not sure if they will make it to Canada or not???

Help please. :confused:

bikesinmud
User
User

Post by bikesinmud »

From what I've heard there will be XC which is almost a new bike entirely, and the XC-W which is identical to the EXC. Maybe the exc's in europe are left overs? I took one look at the 300XC and put money down on it. I don't regret that I have to sell a '05 300EXC!

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

KTMs

Post by thumper-darryl »

Here is the deal. All Canadian KTMs come through the north american importer in the USA. So due to EPA regs in the states we get EXC 4 strokes, and for 2 strokes we get SX (motocross) XC (same as the old MXC) and XC-W (XC with wide ratio) Both XC & XC-W are exactly the same other than wide ratio trans, and suspension settings. Both have lighting coils and wiring for lights. Bikes are supplied with light switch and mounting bracket. XC-W has kickstand, and neat speedo/odo but no lights or USFS spark arrestor. Dealer meeting is this week and agenda item is to try and get us a deal on lights for the bikes sold in provinces that require lights. 160 km on my 250 XC-W. Suspension fantastic, and this bike is even lighter than last years(feels like a 80).
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Thanks for the clearification Darryl. :applause: I am going to pick up my 300 today!! :banana:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Sorry Dirtyboy :excuse: ....I will figure out were to post stuff sooner or later :bonk:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Darryl,

Sounds great. When can we schedule a test drive? Crowsnest? :banana:

MotorEd,

No worries. It's casual. I just try to keep it organized so others can find stuff. I wasn't doing this for a long time but have started organizing in the last month or so.

:cheers:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

...and doing a fine job of it....nice work speedy! :cheers:

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

So Darryl your saying that the XC-W's have no spark arrestor? or lights? More expense to be legal to ride here, that sucks. :thumbsdown:
Claude

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

XC-W

Post by thumper-darryl »

Bikes are wired for lights, and they even supply a switch. We sell a honda copy tail light(LED) that is cheap and headlights are cheap also. The supplied muffler is Euro spec and is very quiet. If you want to get technical there is no spec. in our provinces OHV act for S-A The equipment section of the Vehicle act says you need a device that reduces noise and sparks. Any OEM muffler meets that requirement. We have been asking for a deffination for some time now, but GOV. has not been to interested in cleaning up some of the problem areas in the act--so far.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

MotorEd wrote:Thanks for the clearification Darryl. :applause: I am going to pick up my 300 today!! :banana:
:banana: hopefully I will be picking up my new 200 by weeks end too!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

DirtGirl wrote: :banana: hopefully I will be picking up my new 200 by weeks end too!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I guess there will be more racing in your future. :crazy: Enjoy the bike when you get it. :banana:

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

nah...too fat and old for that!! :blah: :blah: :blah:
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

DirtGirl wrote:nah...too fat and old for that!! :blah: :blah: :blah: