Rekluse any comments??

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Spud
User
User

Rekluse any comments??

Post by Spud »

Im looking at adding one on my 04 crf 450, I like the tight technical stuff and they sound like the work well for that applicatiion. They also sound like they get rid of a lot of stalling which seemed to plague me in the Porkys XC.

Anybody try one??????

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

I've been riding with one for about 6 months now and I think its awesome. I started riding the dirt machines last year and for me its like having the best rider in the world feather the clutch for me! call it cheating, call me a wimp....I dont care!!!!... its improved my riding huge. The rekluse shines in the tight stuff. I usually ride a gear higher and just pick my line and roll on and off the gas. Yep you can lock up the rear break with no worries of stalling...heck you can crash over the bars run back pick up your bike and just roll on the gas...I did that lots at Porkies!!!

Things you should know:

1) you cant bump start your bike....so loc tite your kick start bolt!!!
2) at engine idle the bike will essentially be in neutral...so if your 'coasting' down a hill you just climbed in 2nd gear and pick up some good speed...you have to remember your still in 2nd gear!! ie if you roll on the gas your going to engage the clutch in 2nd gear...so be sure you going second gear speed or bump it up a gear before you roll on the throttle. (hope that makes sense)
3) the bike will roll backwards in gear....something to remember when you dont make it up a steep hill. ( thats why I got the left hand brake....makes it easier to hold up the bike with feet off the pegs)

Its super easy to install...great product and perfect for the kind of riding you like to do.

Good Luck!

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Spud: For a quick fix turn up your idle a little bit and make sure your carb is jetted right with the proper acl. mpump duration. Is your stalling the typical 4 stroke "whack the throttle and the engine coughs and dies" or is just stalling ?
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I've been using Rekluse since September last year. I don't even think about the clutch any more. Everything that MotorEd said is true. I just wanted to add that I recommend putting in new clutch plates if the existing clutch plates have any abuse on them. Here's my story:

Before I got the Rekluse, I put in new fiber plates and went to Crowsnest last year. The course was very wet and had lot's of mud and stuff. Needless to say I abused the clutch pretty bad. Then the Rekluse came. I was surprised to see that after 1 weekend of riding the fiber plates were black again. :crybaby: I put in the Rekluse using the existing plates and always had to adjust the Rekluse gap.

Finally, I put in new steel and fiber plates in October and haven't touched the gap since. It's been working perfectly.

In the Porky's XC race, do you remember the big logs to hop over on the 2nd loop? I went over every log without issue using the Rekluse without touching my clutch lever. I saw lot's of riders going around, getting stuck but the Rekluse took me right over, and I've got a small engine.

I'd also suggest if PM'ing or emailing Rotary on this board to check his price on the Rekluse. :cheers:

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

I have to agree with the others. As a long time pro motocrosser and vet pro off-road rider I have had the Rekluse in since Oct last year and rode all winter-I rode Pro in Porky"s- It is definitley an advantage for any rider and both the other guys were right on the money!- More pluses than minuses! Don"t tell eveyone though it is too much fun watching others stall and struggle!! :bonk:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

rekluse

Post by thumper-darryl »

Even on 450 -4 stroke Rekluse is like cheating. We have sold about 30 in Calgary area with nobody unhappy. Work especially well on small bore bikes. Only problem I have run into is when you try a non-Rekluse bike you forget how to use a clutch.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

Spud
User
User

Post by Spud »

Well thanks for all the replies.........Never knew so many guys were using them..................................cheeters :devil:

My stalling was from brake lock up, mostly ( rider error)........had to work my way from the back of the pack a couple times after stalls at the start. So cranking up the Idle and jetting may have helped a few times. After the second loop I started to remeber how to ride that big brut, and things got better.

I do remember that big log, I used to jump it all the time but in the race I was to tired to attempt it so I took the old way (left )around it ....only to find a new tree to crawl under :banghead: ............there used to be all that red stuff on the ground up there???? its gone this year

Anyways :blah: ,......... I want one and I could not find "Rotary" on this board PM me a contact # if he wouldnt mind..

NEXT is a fork revalve..............that CRF feels like a motocrosser in the bush...........Who would have known :bonk:

Any thoughts on using a CRF450 as a platform for a good HS/XC bike ? I dream of an EXC.

thanks
Last edited by Spud on Thu May 26, 2005 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

Rekluse

Post by thumper-darryl »

Rekluse locally available from Westech Auto.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

Spud
User
User

Re: Rekluse

Post by Spud »

thumper-darryl wrote:Rekluse locally available from Westech Auto.

Thanks
I Gave him a call..........Now how to sneak it by the wife??

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

Rock Central Cycle also sells them.

I love mine! It would be tough to ride with out one now.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Spud wrote:I want one and I could not find "Rotary" on this board PM me a contact # if he wouldnt mind..
Here is his link: http://www.rockymountaindirtriders.com/ ... rofile&u=9

Otherwise give Doug a call at (403) 803-8911

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Well, I felt that the clutch had taken a beating at Porkys. I had a rear brake lever and the clutch lever on the left hand side of the handlebars. It pushed on the external perch adjuster just a bit. It felt a bit sluggish. So I checked the installed gap tonight.

Sure enough the gap was approaching .050". So I remove another stock steel plate .047" and put in a Rekluse .062" plate in. I checked the gap at .032" so I'm good to go. I tested it out and the bike has absolutely no creep at idle when in gear and engages right away after idle.

So I'm happy again. I'll test it better tomorrow at McLean. :D

P.S. I'm using fiber plates from a '04 CR125 just like Rekluse recommends. ;)