Midwest Clutch

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
bikingagain
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Midwest Clutch

Post by bikingagain »

Does anyone use and like the Midwest clutch?
I took my Rekluse out this year and thought it would be one less thing to worry about. I’m not sold on it, but thought I would like to see if it makes clutching a little less fatiguing. It looks like there are different versions of them. Does one work better than the others? Thanks in advance
2018 KTM 300 xc
My Last Fight I Won By Two Blocks.
I Love Single Track. Except For All The Trees

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Midwest Clutch

Post by Grimlock »

I’ve used them pretty much exclusively on every Beta I have owned. I have smallish hands and stock Brembo levers always hit my fingers before the clutch disengaged with the lever reach in a decent spot. The MME lever is great for one finger operation and works for two finger as well when fatigue sets in a bit. Up until 2022 Beta clutches had a heavy pull compared to a KTM unit and I never had any issues. They do lighten the pull but increase travel required, which gives better feel and control for me. The lever that is now on my ‘22 300RR has seen three bikes and approximately 415 hours of ride time and it still works like new.

The different models are for different masters. They make levers for Nissin, Magura and Brembo. You just order the one for your master and you’re good.
#826A

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I haven't used one for a couple years. I find them a little fussy to setup. The shape is straight so I wrap electrical tape around the lever to create a bump for my finger to rest against. I did like using it but now it sits in my parts bin. :crazy:

I prefer to fine tune by adjusting the clutch springs and using stock lever to get the feel I like. :thumbsup: :applause:

bikingagain
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bikingagain »

Awesome, thanks for the responses. I ended up buying one and use it for the first time last week. So far so good. 👍
2018 KTM 300 xc
My Last Fight I Won By Two Blocks.
I Love Single Track. Except For All The Trees