Graphics

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
scubarusteve
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Graphics

Post by scubarusteve »

I got a graphics kit and all new plastics. Any recommendations on where i could take them to get installed as i don't trust myself.
Thanks!

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Graphics

Post by Braap791 »

Graphics are easy just take your time and do not be afraid to work the material.

Sometimes it's easier to mount the new plastics and install to ensure everything lines up nicely.

Everyone has their own way Here is a quick breakdown of how I do mine.

Clean new plastics off with brake clean

Get a squirt bottle with a light dish soap and water mixture you can also use a mix of isopropyl and water.

Lightly spray onto back of graphic do not soak the back as it will make for alot of bubbles and will be to slippery to work with. You just want enough to be able to move the product around but still have some adhesion.

Place graphic on plastic

Use squeegee to push bubbles and water out if you do not have decal squeegee a Petro points card will work.

Apply some heat with heat gun or wifes blow dryer as required making sure. Not to melt the decal

If bubbles appear. Poke with rasorblade tip squeeze and apply heat.

Light bubbles usually go away on their own as most decent product is a little breatheable.

Hope this helps

scubarusteve
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by scubarusteve »

Thanks, I have never been good with these things, i usually mess them up. I may give it a try. :thumbsup:

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

There are some YouTube videos that are helpful
KTM 300 XCW
#184A