Pipe Repair

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Pipe Repair

Post by Dobi »

Where does everybody take their pipes to get fixed????

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

How bad is it? If it is just dents I can do it. But if it is really trashed and flattented piperepair.com might be the choice.
Claude

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

It isn't too bad, it is on the first 6 inches of the pipe and is about 1/2 inch deep. It happened at the very end of a ride (limp back to the truck, no rear fender and tweaked bars) so I am not sure if it is affecting performance. We will have to meet up for a ride Cladoo and you can give me your opinion on the dent.
:cheers:

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

Sure, probably at the Sharpless HS if you are there. I don't think I'll be riding till then. Went out with Dirtboy and three ladies to Waiporous along with some other club members, Seb, Dave and Dean on Sat. We had a great time.
Claude

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

How about dents in the head pipe? Can you do those? I need a guard for that. Think I saw you guys out there on Sat. We were parked down the river bed aways(2 covered trailers and a pickup). I got all the info on my windshield. Thanks for that. I'll be passing that on to as many people as possible :thumbsup:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

MtnBlue,

That was us on the Riverbed. We had so many we had to split into 2 groups. Too bad we missed each other. I would have liked to hello and see who I've been talking to :D

We did some awareness stuff out there. Flyers and stopping and talking to many groups.

See you on the trail... :cheers:

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I can get most smaller dents out. I had one about the size of a fist and it came out fine. Too bad we didn't meet, it would be nice to put a face to some of you.
Claude