2008 300XCW Service Manual - Anybody have one?

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
JG2
Contributor
Contributor

2008 300XCW Service Manual - Anybody have one?

Post by JG2 »

I about to tear into the engine on a friend's 2008 KTM 300XC-W; the bike has been horribly neglected, the air filter split and there is 1/8" of grit in the carb mouth. The rest of the bike is just as thrashed so it may end up on the scrap heap, we'll see. I offered to assist by assessing the damage and estimating what it would take to get it running again as a winter project and doing a rebuild if it is feasible.

I was hoping one of you out there might have a service manual for a 300 I could either borrow, rent or buy - would prefer not to buy a new one as I'm not even sure if he's going to be keeping the bike.

Anyone have one I can borrow for a case of OT Brewing IPA or the beer of your choice?

If anyone see's value in it I could also post pictures as I rebuild, if that is what we decide to do.

Thanks!

Jarvis.

Powdercowboy
User
User

Re: 2008 300XCW Service Manual - Anybody have one?

Post by Powdercowboy »

JG2 wrote:I about to tear into the engine on a friend's 2008 KTM 300XC-W; the bike has been horribly neglected, the air filter split and there is 1/8" of grit in the carb mouth. The rest of the bike is just as thrashed so it may end up on the scrap heap, we'll see. I offered to assist by assessing the damage and estimating what it would take to get it running again as a winter project and doing a rebuild if it is feasible.

I was hoping one of you out there might have a service manual for a 300 I could either borrow, rent or buy - would prefer not to buy a new one as I'm not even sure if he's going to be keeping the bike.

Anyone have one I can borrow for a case of OT Brewing IPA or the beer of your choice?

If anyone see's value in it I could also post pictures as I rebuild, if that is what we decide to do.

Thanks!

Jarvis.
I have a 2008 250 xcw manual, but it has pages for 300 motor specs as well

JG2
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 2008 300XCW Service Manual - Anybody have one?

Post by JG2 »

Thanks - I found something online that will likely work. I appreciate your offer though, very much!