Penny Tech Reapplying Graphics or Decal Kits

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Penny Tech Reapplying Graphics or Decal Kits

Post by Rider Eh! »

Hi all,

I thought I'd share a tip that you can reapply graphics. The trick is to use a heat gun at a low temperature to slowly peel them off the old shrouds. When you peel them off use as little as heat as possible so that you are not over stretching the graphics; don't pull too hard! They can permanently deform and won't fit on the new shrouds otherwise without some trimming. Use just enough heat so that as little as possible glue is left behind on the old shrouds. I tend to start from each side and work towards the middle, letting the vinyl graphics cool when they get too hot and going to the other side.

Reapplying is similar to new graphics, except they tend to go on easier since they already have the form of the shroud. You can use 3M 77 or 80 spray glue if they are not sticking completely. I also always pass over the whole graphic once it's on with the heat gun to make sure the glue is setting in.

Do not try taking them off and putting them on wax paper for storage, they will stick to the wax paper and you will need heat to get them off. I made this mistake myself.
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Penny Tech Reapplying Graphics or Decal Kits

Post by cedric »

Love this $@$& boys! Keep it coming!