PW50 Question

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: PW50 Question

Post by 350scott »

trailguy wrote:
Dobi wrote:I found a nice set of bent forks while washing the PW50 this weekend. Not sure how or when he did this. The bike hasn’t even had it’s first oil change....
Looks like he needs Cone Valves. :smirk:
Stop making silly suggestions, you know they don't make cone valves for Yamaha's. Clearly he should invest in some Showa A-Kit.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Update on this thread for all the PW50 junkies haha.

The kid loves her PW50, but is getting a bit big for it.

I am leary to get her into the next size bike, as I dont know if she is ready for a lot more power.

Has anyone tried a "lift" kit on there PW with a bar riser?

https://pwonly.com/product/pw50-suspens ... ender-kit/

She told me last night she wants to race the PW class at AX this year so I am all pumped up today haha. Obligatorily Child pic included haha
Attachments
IMG_0770.jpg

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Dave, the new KTM/Husky E50 will have 6 different adjustable sizes, with the largest fitting a 10 year old. 6 different power modes. Mode #1 is walking speed. Mode #6 is suppose to be faster than an SX50. 110V charging, quick change battery.
If she is going to race AX I recommend racing a few Tuesday night mini moto's nights. My son raced that program through 50,65 & 85 and it was excellent. $5.00, one practice, two moto's and you are outta their in a couple of hours.

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

trailguy wrote:Dave, the new KTM/Husky E50 will have 6 different adjustable sizes, with the largest fitting a 10 year old. 6 different power modes. Mode #1 is walking speed. Mode #6 is suppose to be faster than an SX50. 110V charging, quick change battery.
If she is going to race AX I recommend racing a few Tuesday night mini moto's nights. My son raced that program through 50,65 & 85 and it was excellent. $5.00, one practice, two moto's and you are outta their in a couple of hours.
I have been keeping an eye on the E50. Have there been any indications on pricing or when it will be introduced?

Haha yes I fully agree on the Tuesdays nights. We are heading there tonight to give her the chance to check it out. I suspect she will back out of wanting to race, but thats cool too.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Dave P wrote:
trailguy wrote:Dave, the new KTM/Husky E50 will have 6 different adjustable sizes, with the largest fitting a 10 year old. 6 different power modes. Mode #1 is walking speed. Mode #6 is suppose to be faster than an SX50. 110V charging, quick change battery.
I have been keeping an eye on the E50. Have there been any indications on pricing or when it will be introduced?

Haha yes I fully agree on the Tuesdays nights. We are heading there tonight to give her the chance to check it out. I suspect she will back out of wanting to race, but thats cool too.
I believe dealers will be getting them this Fall. Not sure on pricing other than they will be cheaper than the early rumor of $7000. My guess is they will be under $6000. I am not sure if all dealers will have them, as they may have to commit to specialty tools and training to carry the E50 ??
Hope she enjoys tonight. :thumbsup:

WilliamSooge
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

-

Post by WilliamSooge »

Im interested by this too. My hood has no torino script either and while the original brouchure features cars that do all have the script Ive seen two other 71 Torino 500s that do not have it?????