Kaw 65 bottom end help?

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
EvanMx25

Kaw 65 bottom end help?

Post by EvanMx25 »

:crybaby: we just rebuilt my son's top end on his 2013 kaw 65 his piston was cracked and his bearings look like they was in pieces. We replaced all that, but we knew soon his bottom end would need rebuilding. He rode for about an hour today and his bike sounded fine (better than before the top end rebuild). But he jumped a double and smoke more than usual came out and his bike made a funny sound and went dead! It sounded like it was running out of gas, so, we tried to crank it and NO compression. We haven't tore it down to check anything yet but does this sound like his bottom end went out?? I'm a girl lol so I'm sure I'm not saying the correct terms or whatever

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Kaw 65 bottom end help?

Post by trailguy »

When you say it looked like the bearings were in pieces, are you referring to the needle bearing at the top of the connecting rod that the piston wrist pin go's through?
Unfortunately it seems like the bearing at the bottom of the connecting rod went. When that happens usually the pieces get sucked up the transfer ports and take out the piston, cylinder and head leaving the engine locked up solid or no compression.
Your terms are correct.