MX Formula Goggles

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

MX Formula Goggles

Post by Rider Eh! »

Has anyone tried these? Quite the price for a 3 layer foam goggle. Their ads keep showing up on my facebook feed.

https://mxformula.com/
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: MX Formula Goggles

Post by dirtyboy »

You probably went to their website or some other goggle website and now you get the ads. I just looked for a faucet at homedepot and bam I have homedepot ads on facebook. Advertising!

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

My guess is that company sourced a bulk order of goggles from China based on an existing design and bought some views on Facebook using analytics saying who likes dirt biking.

Nothing wrong with that though - they must've worked with a manufacturer to get custom foam done. The product might actually be pretty good or even use lenses or other features developed for other goggle companies. :thinking:

Or it might be junk. :lol:

The "season" four pack certainly works out cheap considering they come with extra lenses and tearoffs. $35.42/each by my calculation. If you want to try them out, I'd buy a pair from your order to help mitigate your risk. ;)
Last edited by cerealkiller on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jared
#44b

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

This is what I mean:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Motocross-Goggl ... 9A&vxp=mtr

Scroll to the "QL013-5-reflective" option. It's a nearly identical google, down to the faux carbon fibre treatment. About $17 Canadian shipped...

The MX Formula version is a little different though. It has tear-off posts, tear-offs, a draw string bag, custom brand name printing on the frame and strap - and the "three layer foam" of course. Those features might make the price discrepancy worthwhile. Just hard to tell without seeing it in person.
-Jared
#44b

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Right you are and good eye, probably from the same manufacture. I've been running Scott goggles for years but feel it may be time to switch to something more affordable, thinking Eks or 100%. But then again I buy my Scott's on sale typically anyways, but this is still way cheaper. Anyways I just ordered some new Scott's on black friday but will let you know if I ever do this.
'18 300 XC
'02 XR650R