Where do you send your aer48 air forks for revalve

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
BigBird
User
User

Where do you send your aer48 air forks for revalve

Post by BigBird »

Hey everybody

Just curious to gather feedback on aer forks revalve. I had my 4cs done locally and I didn't think it was worth what I spent to get them revalve and that was also including the 4cs ray kit installed at the same time.

Anyone has great luck with the local tuners or did you send them to the US to work with the bigger tuners.

Also anyone got a bladder installed on the schock?

I ride 90% mx and the odd ride out in single track. The bike is new and I haven't quite finish the break in on it. First impression is the shock tend to pack up on braking bumps and forks felt a little harsh when cornering.

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Where do you send your aer48 air forks for revalve

Post by Dakota_c69 »

I can't speak to the Air Forks, but I had Ken from TNT Suspension do my Beta suspension for off road use. It was WELL worth the money. Ken actually started out in MX, so I would think he can certainly help you out. Give him a call at (403) 585-0393 :thumbsup:
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

Bigbird. I like the AER stock on my XC, but if you are doing both MX and off-road the gold standard is Kreft. His kit for the AER includes the ability to externally change the valving. So click click click you have an offroad fork, click and back to MX.
I haven't tried it (and my mx ability is nada) but it is getting rave reviews.
http://www.kreftmoto.com
PRESIDENT-YAMAHA ANONYMOUS

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

The suspension needs time to break in. After 10 or 20 hours re-evaluate and go from there.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

dirtyboy wrote:The suspension needs time to break in. After 10 or 20 hours re-evaluate and go from there.
I was going to say this as well. The new KTM air fork is killer right out of the box. The clickers also provide a huge range of adjustability, and with the near limitless spring rates it's very tunable. It's the most compliant fork that also resists bottoming, without any changes, that I've ever ridden.