New spark plug fitting on KTM 350 xcfw

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Xcfjohn
Contributor
Contributor

New spark plug fitting on KTM 350 xcfw

Post by Xcfjohn »

Wow was that ever tricky apparently it's want to come out the right hand side. Where there is a small indent in the frame I used the tool from the tool kit. But couldn't get both out together ended up using long nose pliers to get the plug out. I was reading about it someone even undid the engine mounts to get it out. Surely it's not a good design or was I doing something wrong?

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: New spark plug fitting on KTM 350 xcfw

Post by trailguy »

The trick is to put a little lube on the rubber piece that is inside the plug tool. Without lube it can be difficult to get the rubber holder over the spark plug top, this is likely why the plug did not come out with the tool.

Xcfjohn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Xcfjohn »

The problem was the plug was in the plug tool but couldn't get the tool and the plug out past the frame lol.

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

loosen the plug until there are just a few threads holding it in, get a piece of hose that fits over the poracelin end of the plug to unsrew it the rest of the way and fish it out with the hose. The hose can also be used to start the plug in the threads. Havent tried this on a KTM but use the same approach to get at other difficult automotive fasteners.

Its a tight fit but I can get the plug out of my 350 with the supplied KTM tool.

always apply some anti sieze compound to the plug theads when reinstalling, that stuf is awesome and make things easier.
#Z3B