Rekluse Clutch Set Up

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
downunder366
Contributor
Contributor

Rekluse Clutch Set Up

Post by downunder366 »

So I caved and bought a Rekluse for my 2016 KTM 350 XCF. It's a used clutch and comes with a few different size/weight wedges.
It seems pretty straight forward.. I assume that the heavier wedges will engage the clutch earlier than a lighter one.

Before I put the clutch in, I was wondering if anyone has experimented with the different wedges and what you found. No doubt personal preference has allot to do with it and the type of riding that you do.

My thoughts were putting in the heavier ones and then using the clutch lever for additional slip as needed. My concern with putting in light ones is having too much slip in tight low speed single track and not being able to get the front up quick enough.

Cheers,
Ryan.
Ryan

2018 KTM 350 XCF

Supported By - Cycle Works Foothills - FXR - Mongoose Machine - Dunlop

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Rekluse Clutch Set Up

Post by malcolmzilla »

Set it up as per manufacturer recommendations, then tune. On my bike the rekluse was perfect out of the box. But maybe I lucked out. A buddy's non adjustable one was also perfect.
15 Yamaha YZ250FX, 270cc, cams
15 XC250
11 Berg 570, dualsport and supermoto
17 PW50
78ish CT70
Just another Dirt Donkey...

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

malcolmzilla wrote:Set it up as per manufacturer recommendations, then tune. On my bike the rekluse was perfect out of the box. But maybe I lucked out. A buddy's non adjustable one was also perfect.
I'm with malcolmzilla.

downunder366
Contributor
Contributor

Post by downunder366 »

Yeah I should have explained myself better. The clutch is for a 2016 250 sxf.
Apparently it will work on my 2016 350 XCF.

I will give Rekluse a call and see what they recommend.

My 13 KTM Rekluse was also perfect out of the box and never had to adjust it at all.

Thanks.
Ryan

2018 KTM 350 XCF

Supported By - Cycle Works Foothills - FXR - Mongoose Machine - Dunlop

Perry730

Post by Perry730 »

I had to switch the springs to the lowest engagement rpm ones. It allowed it to engage just above idle. The springs installed from factory allowed it to rev too high before engaging for my liking.
Kyle Perry