2015 ktm 65sx jetting.

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
ttwest
Contributor
Contributor

2015 ktm 65sx jetting.

Post by ttwest »

Does anyone have any jetting suggestions to help prevent fouling spark plugs? Currently running 60:1 motul 800.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2015 ktm 65sx jetting.

Post by trailguy »

My son had a 2010 SX65 [same motor as 2015] that ran very well. That was a long time ago so this is what I recall. 200 main, drop the needle one clip position, drop the pilot one size, I seem to remember I had to run the AS about 3 or 4 turns out. This was with Shell Gold,Lucas Oil Octane booster, Opti 2 @ 80;1.
When Shell switched up their Gold to Nitro a thread started on here with several guys fouling plugs if you happen to be running that fuel.
Other things to check is if the air line from the exhaust pipe to PV is split, this is common if the hose clamps are over tightened.
Check for a hole/split in the PV Diaphragm. The PV can get really gummed up on these depending on the oil and ratio.
Not sure if you have been into the carb yet, but it is a nightmare working on the carb due to the slanted Husaberg style engine.
I sort of remember having to remove the top shock bolt to move the shock back to get access to the Air screw? I got a long thin screw driver to simplify this.

ttwest
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ttwest »

Interesting, the bike didn't start fouling plugs till I switched to the premium shell Fuel. I'll try your carb settings. thank you.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Lots of good info by trailguy.

My sons 2015 runs pretty well I think. Air screw is critical as always, I use a Nihilo one that comes with a long ball drive allen key to set it up. Once set up it hasn't fouled a plug since. Lots of good info on the jetting on KTM talk, popular set ups like LCP can be duplicated for a few dollars at Cycle Works.

Fresh top ends are good too...

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to chat.

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by RJHenry »

I suggest to check the plug heat range and consider a hotter plug in the woods. We have discovered that 250 sxf uses a br9es stock and the 250 XCf uses a br7es stock. The 7 cured a cr125 that fouled a plug every ride as it was lugged around the woods instead of screamed on a track.
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350