2016 Ktm 350xcf map switch

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
downunder366
Contributor
Contributor

2016 Ktm 350xcf map switch

Post by downunder366 »

My bike came with a ktm map switch (dial in the air box and two position switch on the bars).
I have read conflicting info on which settings get the stock, mild and wild settings. Does anyone on here have first hand experienced with it?
Ryan

2018 KTM 350 XCF

Supported By - Cycle Works Foothills - FXR - Mongoose Machine - Dunlop

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: 2016 Ktm 350xcf map switch

Post by dirtyboy »

Yep I have one. Used it on my 2016 350xcf and I found that the instructions that came with it were accurate as described below. Setting to 1 or 2 in the airbox gets you the "other" maps along with standard.
There is a switch on the right side of the handlebars that allows you to choose between the stock map and aggressive map or mellow map. We always run the aggressive map. When the switch is in the forward position the bike will always be on the stock map. When the switch is moved rearward to the two dash marks, it will be in whatever map you select on the map selector dial in the airbox. In the upper right hand corner of the airbox is an rubber-covered dial. Pull the rubber cover back and you will see a dial with ten numbers on it. Whatever number you choose on this dial, will be the map on the rearward switch position. But, there is a trick. Map #1 is the mellow map, map #2 is the aggressive map and maps #3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 are all stock maps. If you choose 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,8, 9 ,0 then both switch positions will be stock maps. We put the dial on #2 (you have to look closely to see the white triangle on the side of the dial that indicates what number you are on).

http://motocrossactionmag.com/bike-test ... 50sxf-tips
I have one of these switches for sale in parts and accessories if anyone is interested. It's cool to discover which map you like best. I was surprised which one I liked best.

downunder366
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 2016 Ktm 350xcf map switch

Post by downunder366 »

Thanks!
Ryan

2018 KTM 350 XCF

Supported By - Cycle Works Foothills - FXR - Mongoose Machine - Dunlop