That tire thing again ...

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: That tire thing again ...

Post by Grimlock »

My input from another tire thread:
I run the Tubliss system, both front and rear, in all three of my bikes. I've been using Tubliss since 2012 and have only experienced one high pressure bladder failure, which was due to 'operator error'. I have experienced a few tire flats while using them and have been able to ride out without issue. The ability to run trials like pressures without the risk of pinch flats is what turned me onto the Tubliss system and the added benefit of easier tire changes really sealed the deal for me (I have never enjoyed tire changes with HD or UHD tubes).

As far as tire selection goes, I pretty much stick with Michelin S12 or IRC M1A fronts and IRC M5B or S12 rears. With the Michelins I rarely find the need to run sealant but the IRC fronts I have run usually require it to prevent air leakage between the bladder and tire carcass.
I usually run 130/80-18 rears in both the IRC and S12 with pressures varying from 4psi - 12psi depending on terrain. The S12 front sees 8psi - 12psi and the M1A 11psi - 13psi due to the soft, flexible carcass. I have moved away from the IRC tires on my Beta but still run them on my GasGas and Kawasaki. I have found that the S12 suits me, the Beta and the terrain I ride (more in the Kamloops area this year than anywhere else) quite well.

:cheers:
#826A

Giles
Writer
Writer

Post by Giles »

Just curious if any of you have tried the new Shinko R505 Hybrid Rear Tire?

getting some great reviews over on KTM Talk and from what I am reading the price looks good.

BRod
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BRod »

Love the Golden GT523 and 230 rears, but the 213 front is an utter disappointment. Never had a tire chuck side knobs so fast. I'm a fan of Bridgestone M404 rears and 403 or M59 fronts. Last and work.