Bauer Mapping Switch

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Giles
Writer
Writer

Bauer Mapping Switch

Post by Giles »

Hi all, I've been contemplating ordering a Bauer Mapping Switch for my 2014 300 XCW and was just wanting to get some feedback.
How many of you are using this switch, is it worth it, I'm looking at ordering it from Slavens Racing......is there a local company that sells them?

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Giles
Writer
Writer

Re: Bauer Mapping Switch

Post by Giles »

OK.....apparently nobody is using the Bauer Mapping switch?

Any reviews or recommendations on mapping switches .........do they work?

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

I believe most KTM owners simply plug or unplug the map wires located under the tank and leave it. From my experience, the difference is barely noticeable.

If you wanted to experiment on your own before spending any $$, just get a couple strips of wire with bullets connectors on the ends and run it up to the bars. Jump them together to get the "mild" setting and unplug them for the "aggressive" setting (I could have that backwards). You'll know then if it's worth the money.

The fuel injected bikes may have a more noticeable difference but that is purely speculation on my part.

AM407
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AM407 »

I've had one on my 2011 250 XC-W since new. I don't use it all that often, but the difference is definitely noticeable. Mostly, I hit it by accident and then spend the next 2 kms wondering why my bike is running like cr@p. :bonk:

For the 20 or 30 bucks it cost, I'm glad I have it. It does make a noticeable difference when the trail is really slick and snotty. I think I ordered mine from Enduro Engineering with a bunch of other stuff, but I bet any local dealer could get one for you too.