Thoughts on Princess Auto Bike Lift

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
JG2
Contributor
Contributor

Thoughts on Princess Auto Bike Lift

Post by JG2 »

I have a Princess Auto hydraulic bike lift that is leaking oil all over my garage floor - it's the blue one that I'm sure 4/10 of the guys here have?

Anybody have any thoughts on whether I should bother looking into rebuilding the bottle jack and replacing whatever seal is blown or just dumpster-ing it? I looked very briefly online for a decent made in North America equivalent and it looks like it'll run $500+.

I have seen a lot of these stands in a great many garages and wonder if anyone might shed some light on whether to try and rebuild, as I can't be the first guy this happened to If you are about to tell me not to be lazy and just use a normal bike stand, don't - I have one of those too...it's just nice to be able to jack the bike up to standing height with the hydraulic one.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Thoughts on Princess Auto Bike Lift

Post by Braap791 »

If you take it back they will probably refund your money or give you a new one. Remember they aren't happy until your satisfied :smirk: