Who has a Beta X Trainer?

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
takethebounce
Contributor
Contributor

Who has a Beta X Trainer?

Post by takethebounce »

As the subject line states I am looking for people who have the X trainer. I have liked the idea of this bike since I have seen it released but I have never seen one let alone seen one in action and had reports from people who ride AB single track.

My current ride a '13 200 has been a great bike and will continue to be a great bike but the idea of a smaller overall bike for my short legs appeals to me. Sure I could lower the 200 further but that comes with a clearance sacrifice. The pipe on the 200 already hangs low. So if you have one let me know your thoughts. I have watched lots of reviews but I am not looking for comparisons of it and the 300rr or the Freeride.

Cheers

Mbot
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Who has a Beta X Trainer?

Post by Mbot »

I've spoken with the importer and at this time there aren't any demo bikes as they're all sold. However; I may have access to a demo possibly in July and they also plan to do a public BETA demo days starting in Vancouver working their way east. I'm told Alberta should be early october. I'll keep you posted

downunder366
Contributor
Contributor

Post by downunder366 »

Mbot wrote:I've spoken with the importer and at this time there aren't any demo bikes as they're all sold. However; I may have access to a demo possibly in July and they also plan to do a public BETA demo days starting in Vancouver working their way east. I'm told Alberta should be early october. I'll keep you posted
I would like my wife to Demo one of those also. Please keep me in the loop.
Ryan

2018 KTM 350 XCF

Supported By - Cycle Works Foothills - FXR - Mongoose Machine - Dunlop

takethebounce
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takethebounce »

October would be fine to wait for trying one. I like to see all sides of something and having another season on the 200 is fine as I really feel I got it to be where I want it.

but in the mean time someone has to get their hands on one!

downunder366
Contributor
Contributor

Post by downunder366 »

Hooligan wrote:I sat on the X-Trainer that Blackfoot Direct had and it didn't strike me as a very small bike. Certainly not smaller than your 200.

At 6' 2" my biggest thing is bikes being too small and so I payed attention to the size of the thing and I could definitely live with that thing. My memory is that the Freeride is def smaller than a 200.

That's weird. Manufacturers specs say that the 2016 X trainer is 2 inches lower than 2016 KTM 200.
Ryan

2018 KTM 350 XCF

Supported By - Cycle Works Foothills - FXR - Mongoose Machine - Dunlop

takethebounce
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takethebounce »

Agreed the specs say it is 2" shorter seat height than my bike stock. That is quite a bit. Again I would need to see one to sit on and confirm. Beta 300RR's are already shorter than a comparable orange or blue bike and the X is shorter than that so I do believe the specs to be accurate.

The Freeride is not even on my mind for consideration. I have tried one and know someone with one who never even rides theirs now. It is small, almost like a trials bike with a seat. I had hopes for it when it was released and it just doesn't suit my style.

WrRider

Post by WrRider »

I know the guy that bought the Beta X trainer from Blackfoot. He had it at Waiparous on Sunday.

It isn't a small bike. I didn't ride it but my buddy did. Said it had good grunt, very smooth. It is a 300cc bike after all.

Let me know if you want to know more.

bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bfdirect »

Hey everyone just an update.

We get our next shipment in 2 weeks (approx May 12). We have one left with no deposit so it will make it to the floor for anyone to check out sit on etc. we would love to have a demo for everyone to try but we have a problem getting enough to satisfy demand.

As mentioned the bike claims to be 2" smaller but is more like 1". The chassis is approx 10% smaller overall from its bigger brother the 300RR.

It is a bottom end grunt bike. Can be smoothed out by installing the 300RR pipe. Feed back had been very positive. At $8399 it is also a great price.

Feel free to stop by the shop for more details and check it out.

Thx
Dean
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

Twisted Shifter in Eckville has or had a demo xtrainer. It was a demo but believe it might be forsale now.

takethebounce
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takethebounce »

Thanks Dean, I will check with you around that time frame to see if you still have one down at your shop.

On a side note, Husqvarna TX300, new for 2017.

With KTM dropping the 200 from their line up there is a gap and with Beta having success with the XTrainer, Husqy might have something to compete?

Dean if you see anything on this new model let me know! Maybe it's just a full trials bike.

bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bfdirect »

takethebounce wrote:Thanks Dean, I will check with you around that time frame to see if you still have one down at your shop.

On a side note, Husqvarna TX300, new for 2017.

With KTM dropping the 200 from their line up there is a gap and with Beta having success with the XTrainer, Husqy might have something to compete?

Dean if you see anything on this new model let me know! Maybe it's just a full trials bike.
Details now out this will be similar to the KTM 300 XC so a hard enduro.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/ca/off-road/

Expect to be here end of June.
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com