Opinions on 2005 DRZ 400e

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
MikeRiss
User
User

Opinions on 2005 DRZ 400e

Post by MikeRiss »

Bought a 2008 kx250f (original owner) with plans to ride the track but ended up using it trail riding. I listed the bike for sale and mentioned that I am doing more trail riding as reason for sale. Some guy emailed me inquiring if I would be interested on a trade for a 2005 DRZ 400. Not familiar with the bike at all. What is that bike even worth. I am thinking that the weight of the bike would be the biggest concern. It would be second bike for when family or friends visit but likely sell it after wife has baby to get a bike she could ride again.

Any feedback is appreciated.

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Opinions on 2005 DRZ 400e

Post by malcolmzilla »

Pass on it for local bush riding.

Spent a couple years on a KLX400E (same bike), same design since 1999.
A decent dual sporter, torquey, plush, but heavy wrestling for the tight woods we have here.

You might find the KXF a bit more suitable in the bush with some suspension work (lower oil height), lower gearing, and a flywheel weight.

MikeRiss
User
User

Re: Opinions on 2005 DRZ 400e

Post by MikeRiss »

Thanks for replies. I actually talked with Joe and he said basically the same thing, 'not the best trade'. Ended up selling last night anyways so no longer relevant.

Thanks