Fuel problem using shell nitro

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Fuel problem using shell nitro

Post by Spinalguy »

i had stockpiled Shell before the switch, so no problems with my bike.
But, both my cars only run Shell gold. Both of these cars have not been running well since using nitro.
i actually blew a MAF sensor on one car. Coincidental?

Anyways, i switched to CoOp 91 (no ethanol...fact).
i will no longer run Shell in anything i own.

PS...anyone run the Co Op diesel and do you like it? My truck runs mohawk or husky diesel for years.
Thanks.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Rod
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rod »

Interesting that COOP premium doesn't have ethanol, I'm going to get some and test it. I had tested Esso premium a couple years ago and it had ethanol so I was using shell gold instead (a bit worried now though).

I used coop diesel a couple years ago and I thought it caused some grief with my vehicle (went into limp mode once and killed the engine temporarily). However, I had the exact same issue (limp mode, etc.) with shell v-power diesel so I now don't think it was the fuel. Coop diesel has a label on the pump saying it contains a certain percent of bio diesel, so I've stayed away from it for that reason as well. Would love to hear if it's any good though, as it's much more convenient for me.

Rod
'13 KTM 250 xc

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I've been running Coop and UFA diesel in my pre-2007 duramax since 2007 (so the older generation). I have no issues. In fact all my fuel comes from there for everything unless I'm traveling or desperate. :lol:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I ran shell vpower diesel in all my cummins motors. My last one had 450k with no motor issues. I found the cummins didn't like the mohawk fuel and gave me poor mileage. I would go to esso as my back up and if I was traveling in Saskatchewan and couldn't find anything but a coop it was my last resort.

Oddly, my 05 passat TDI would barely run on shell fuel and would throw codes. Put Mohawk in and it ran great.

My duramax runs shell v power or Husky as they are right close to my house. I have run coop with no issues while traveling and pulling the holiday trailer. I do go out of my way for shell v power diesel though.

Here is a picture of the plug on my bike now that I am running coop fuel. As you can see it is jetted well. The shell fuel turned the plugs absolutely black...
Attachments
20150730_131654[1].jpg