Two drain plugs on Gas Gas?

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
CPitty
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Two drain plugs on Gas Gas?

Post by CPitty »

Did my first oil change on my 2011 Gasser and I found that there are two drain plugs on the bottom. One is obviously the oil (near the back) but there is another plug in the front left, does anyone know what that is for? I accidentally opened it, mistaking it for the oil drain plug, and not much of anything came out. It was a mostly clear liquid with a slight blue tinge to it. Any thoughts?

Thanks
:thinking:
2011 Gas Gas EC 300
2015 KTM 350 XC-F

Shultzy

Re: Two drain plugs on Gas Gas?

Post by Shultzy »

It is a crankcase drain. It is for draining water out if you swamp the bike. Pretty cool feature. What came out of your bike was residual two stroke oil.

Shultzy

Post by Shultzy »

The drain on the front is a crankcase drain used for draining out water should you swamp the bike. Pretty cool feature. The liquid that came out of your bike is most likely residual two stroke oil and is completely normal.

cerealkiller
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cerealkiller »

By the color description, maybe a coolant drain plug? If you don't loosen the rad cap sometimes very little will come out. I wouldn't expect that at the bottom of your engine, but gas gas bikes are weird. :smirk:
-Jared
#44b

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

It is a crank case drain. Useful if you drown your bike in a creek.
The voices are back. Awesome!

CPitty
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by CPitty »

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping it was something like that, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't screw anything up!
:nworthy:
2011 Gas Gas EC 300
2015 KTM 350 XC-F