Best chains to get?

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
calltrex
Writer
Writer

Best chains to get?

Post by calltrex »

ordered front and rear ironman sprockets

not sure which chains or brands are good

had a ktm Z chain on last. no issues

not sure what to get with these good sprockets

O, Z, X, XW

did, ktm, renthal, rk, regina, pro taper, bikemaster

calltrex
Writer
Writer

Re: Best chains to get?

Post by calltrex »

I guess no one changes chains on this forum... :excuse:

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

I have had really good luck with the RK X ring and a riveted link mated to the dirt tricks front and rear sprockets.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Last chain I bought was the one that Slavens sells (I like the way he only sells what he rides)

I believe it was a Renthal? X2 on the rivet masterlink, the only way to fly. I put well over 100 hours on this chain on my 300 (with ironman sprockets as well) and it was still in excellent shape when I sold the bike. I'm not one of those crazy chain lubers either. Chains have the lube on the inside, so I'm careful when washing the bike I only wash the chain with the pressure washer from the side.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

AJRJ wrote:Last chain I bought was the one that Slavens sells (I like the way he only sells what he rides)

I believe it was a Renthal? X2 on the rivet masterlink, the only way to fly. I put well over 100 hours on this chain on my 300 (with ironman sprockets as well) and it was still in excellent shape when I sold the bike. I'm not one of those crazy chain lubers either. Chains have the lube on the inside, so I'm careful when washing the bike I only wash the chain with the pressure washer from the side.
Here it is: http://slavensracing.com/wp-content/upl ... 0chain.jpg

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

The RK and rivet master link, It is the only way to go. I have been running the same chain and rear super sprox sprocket for a couple years. I just change the front srocket in the spring and early fall with a cheap steel sunstar. I wil get another season out of this setup. I statred lubing my chains with WD40, after a good washing and my chains and sprockets last 2wice as long. I stopped wasting my money on expensive specialty chain lubes.
#Z3B