Suspension tuners

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
gstout
Contributor
Contributor

Suspension tuners

Post by gstout »

I have a 2015 450 xc-f and the 4cs forks are less than good. I will need to get them valved/parts internally replaced. Has anyone had success or failure with any particular tuner, be it local or across the world.
Not looking for cheap, just effective. The forks suffer from harshness and seem to hydro lock at various times.

Looking for shop reviews here. Would love to go as local as possible, but 4cs seems to be the black art forks.

Thanks

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Suspension tuners

Post by Ynot303 »

I've heard some good feedback from several people on the 4CS forks from Lee at CGRT Suspension. I believe it's http://www.cornergrass.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I'm not mistaken, he's a franchisee of Rider's Edge Suspension which was pretty popular around here for KTM's.

:cheers:
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Don at Pro Action has been awesome 403-899-2076. He is local (Airdre) and he is passionate about what he does. He has been working with local riders on 4CS stuff for many years.
If you ship it half way around the world will it make it better? nope. you gotta put the time in and test it. Just putting down the $1000 and getting a fancy far away sticker will not make it work...just being honest.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Don at PA has just received their new pistons designed for the 4CS forks.

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

I thought Don did a great job for me. He's a good communicator and his service was great for me.

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Bark wrote:I thought Don did a great job for me. He's a good communicator and his service was great for me.
X2

The new pistons are being installed in my forks as we speak.