Beta 300 XTrainer

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Beta 300 XTrainer

Post by Brass »

This looks like it could be an interesting switch. A bit more than a trials bike but less than a full size.

http://trialsplus.ca/uncategorized/2015 ... ainer-300/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The voices are back. Awesome!

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Beta 300 XTrainer

Post by Dakota_c69 »

My computer warns of malware when I try to connect to that website.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

Looks like an interesting machine. The Beta's look pretty sweet in general.

Brass
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Brass »

Dakota_c69 wrote:My computer warns of malware when I try to connect to that website.
Your computer is paranoid! :D
http://www.enduro360.com/2014/11/02/fea ... ainer-300/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/betaatlantic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks to be Beta's answer to the Ossa Explorer and KTM Freeride. The crossover market from trials to singletrack seems to be gaining some momentum. The question is, will these bikes survive and turn into a unique market segment or die off and be remembered as an interesting experiment. From a competitive standpoint they don't appear (to me) to have the stuff needed but that doesn't appear to be the point. This looks more to me like the old Honda XR lineup, tough, durable, easy and fun to ride just about anywhere.

With all the secondary brands, Beta, Sherco, Ossa, brining in their (dare I call them) singletrack bikes, it makes me wonder what is holding KTM back. Do they know something the other brands don't?

Thinking back to the 2012 Dirty Moose race, I can think of a few places that type of bike would have helped me out.
The voices are back. Awesome!

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Brass wrote:
Dakota_c69 wrote:My computer warns of malware when I try to connect to that website.
http://www.enduro360.com/2014/11/02/fea ... ainer-300/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/betaatlantic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks to be Beta's answer to the Ossa Explorer and KTM Freeride. The crossover market from trials to singletrack seems to be gaining some momentum. The question is, will these bikes survive and turn into a unique market segment or die off and be remembered as an interesting experiment. From a competitive standpoint they don't appear (to me) to have the stuff needed but that doesn't appear to be the point. This looks more to me like the old Honda XR lineup, tough, durable, easy and fun to ride just about anywhere.

With all the secondary brands, Beta, Sherco, Ossa, brining in their (dare I call them) singletrack bikes, it makes me wonder what is holding KTM back. Do they know something the other brands don't?

Thinking back to the 2012 Dirty Moose race, I can think of a few places that type of bike would have helped me out.
Agree, in that I don't think these are race bikes, but could work very well for Novice and shorter Ladies, especially at 218 LBS. These would be much much lighter than the old XR's.
The only thing holding KTM back from bringing these to Canada is the pricing from KTM Austria. KTM Canada really wanted the Free ride bikes, but at approx. $11,000.00 Retail they knew they were dead in the water. :thumbsdown:

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Brass wrote:
Yes it is!!!

Beta also sells the EVO Sport, which is a trials bike with a larger fuel tank, seat and some other small concessions to trail riding. The EVO sport comes in 250 and 300 4T and 300 2T variations. I wonder how it and the XTrainer compare to each other and the competition.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bfdirect »

I just received confirmation from Beta that the X-Trainer will be here in Canada towards the end of March early April.

I was only able to get two as the demand was high and production low. It seems to be the case with these types of models. I know Blackfoot Motorsports only received 2 of the 250 free rides as well which were presold.

We also have the Sherco X-ride which essentially is the 290 trials motor in a trail friendly chassis. 2.5 inches lower that traditional enduro model with 21/18" tire combo.

As mentioned these bikes are an awesome choice for a beginner, woman and casual trail rider. I recently received some feedback from a customer that purchased a Sherco X-Ride who was a little concerned if was going to be the right bike for him. Here is his feedback:

"Took the x ride out today and it was everything I hoped it would be. Being 55 and not a young buck, not able to stand on the pegs for hours[trials] resting my butt once in a while is great. Handled the logs with eezz

Had a smile on my face the whole ride. You should sell everyone in stock if people knew what these bikes are capable of. The problem is the general public has to have the mocho thumper or T2. I guess the ureo's have one on us."

Bottom line is that it great that the manufacturers see that there is a market for these types of bikes.

Feel free to call me if you have any further questions.
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com

Dirkbun

Post by Dirkbun »

sweet machine indeed ... to bad there aren't many reviews available yet ...
This Austrian interview makes some good arguments ... especially between 1:00 and 1:05 :nworthy: