Riding shorts

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Riding shorts

Post by RJHenry »

Brass wrote:Alpinstar Bionic shorts. They have hard hip and tail bone armor. Great it you find yourself "away" from your bike often :blush:
I have these also. Excellent upper thigh protection, I wear over my pods and that works quite well.
They fit pretty small ("european" sizing or my "exceptional" physique :) ?) so be sure to go up a size or try on or both.
I find they want to do the plumber thing a lot more than any other garment I own, I wish they came with suspenders.

RJH
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

No armour, but I am having success with the generic anti friction "long undies" from walmart. $16 IIRC.

Prevents butt/thigh/kneebrace chafing, not too much heat, wicks moisture, and the ankle length coverage allows me to wear short running socks (smartwool) in my boots, also aiding comfort and reduced hotspots.
Last edited by malcolmzilla on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

RJHenry wrote:
Brass wrote:Alpinstar Bionic shorts. They have hard hip and tail bone armor. Great it you find yourself "away" from your bike often :blush:
I have these also. Excellent upper thigh protection, I wear over my pods and that works quite well.
They fit pretty small ("european" sizing or my "exceptional" physique :) ?) so be sure to go up a size or try on or both.
I find they want to do the plumber thing a lot more than any other garment I own, I wish they came with suspenders.

RJH
Don't worry about the suspenders Robert, you'll be wearing a tutu for the rest of the summer.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

:blush:

I actually wear suspenders, and it has really helped keep the pants from riding down and bunching around the knee guards, enabling easier movement.

RJHenry
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by RJHenry »

malcolmzilla wrote::blush:

I actually wear suspenders, and it has really helped keep the pants from riding down and bunching around the knee guards, enabling easier movement.
:applause:
Robert J Henry
2016 Husqvarna FE350

KTMpilot
Writer
Writer

Post by KTMpilot »

Shift riding pants, over the boot, with the zip off leg to make them shorts. Must wear knee braces if you choose to zip the legs off though. I think they are called Shift Recon……GW Cycle has lots for under 80 bucks…..and they come with an adjustable belt.
1977 Can-Am Qualifier

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

timbruce wrote:
dirtyboy wrote:Isn't MEC one of those sneaky anti-dirt bike companies?
That is correct Dave, I stopped shopping there....
#Z3B