Radiator recovery tank

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Radiator recovery tank

Post by dirtyboy »

Anyone have any ideas for a recovery tank to fit a KTM 2-stroke? I think the forest would be happier if I had a recovery tank.

:thinking:

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Find an aluminum pipe about 1 1/2" in diameter and see if you can get it threaded for caps on either end. Then build it to fit wherever you can. Go here and scroll down to the pic of the Kawasaki overflow tank for an Idea of what I'm talking about. http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/f ... 06,00.html Good Luck-WR Dave. You knew I'd find something, didn't you DB? :cheers:
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

It comes stock on a GasGas. It is mounted in front of the steering stem behind the number plate.
Claude

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Thumper racing sells a little kit that involves a little black can that mounts on the side of the engine/front down tube. I've only seen them on, surprise, surprise, thumpers, but I'm sure a little McGyver'in would have it hooked up in no time.

I've also seen a tube like Dave suggested, but it was mounted along the lower subframe strut, almost in line with the kickstand, and held on to the sub frame with a couple of clamps.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Dave, I knew you would find something. Thanks for the info. I saw a similar overflow on a KTM 450 made from plastic tubing on the weekend. Something easier would be better for me.

Would that gasgas tank fit on a KTM? With some zip ties or something? :confused:

onthemain
Writer
Writer

just orded

Post by onthemain »

I just ordered this one on e-bay it seems small but I guess it doesn't need to fit all your coolant unless you ride like me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 4633972458
Last edited by onthemain on Wed May 03, 2006 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
07 CRF 250X

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

We could try to see if it fits.
Claude